Week Five: Longview vs Lancaster

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Lancaster Tiges (3-1)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lancaster in a close one
    • Lancaster in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:30 AM

6 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Them old Lobos will breeze through district with no game under a 21 pt deficit. They won't get another test til about Round 4 of playoffs. Depending on their bracket. 

Like we mentioned earlier, I honestly think it’ll be Lancaster again in round 4 if we get there.

PA Memorial in round 3 could be a big test. Lone Star in round 2 seems way down. 

Still a long road ahead. Hoping for no injuries.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Like we mentioned earlier, I honestly think it’ll be Lancaster again in round 4 if we get there.

PA Memorial in round 3 could be a big test. Lone Star in round 2 seems way down. 

Yeah if Longview stays healthy they should be in state. Prepare for a long and successful season

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lone Star is a casualty of Frisco ISD. They were positioned in the best area of Frisco as far talent goes. However, Panther Creek which is playing 4A D1 opened this year and it was to help relieve Lone Star and it has weakened the talent at Lone Star. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview would completely dominate PA. I seriously don’t see anyone in 5A stopping the lobos this year. Complete domination from start to finish. Only thing to stop Longview would be Longview. Just unbelievably loaded. 

• Like 1

Pretty certain a win this week by ANY margin will cement the Lobos position going forward into the playoffs as the #1 team in 5A-D1......as long as they don't stub their toe along the way.  It will be difficult for any team this season to supplant Longview if they continue without any season-ending injuries to their main dudes on both sides of the ball.

20 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Panther Creek has been getting hammered. Not sure how they have any of the talent there 

4 or 5 “dudes” can not make subpar teammates state contenders…….. but if those 4 or 5 “dudes” fill a position of need on a team that is already good, might make that team really good/contenders. 
I know nothing about Panther Creek, just stating “in general”. 

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

4 or 5 “dudes” can not make subpar teammates state contenders…….. but if those 4 or 5 “dudes” fill a position of need on a team that is already good, might make that team really good/contenders. 
I know nothing about Panther Creek, just stating “in general”. 

I’m with ya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Longview would completely dominate PA. I seriously don’t see anyone in 5A stopping the lobos this year. Complete domination from start to finish. Only thing to stop Longview would be Longview. Just unbelievably loaded. 

Mansfield Timberview

Denton Ryan

Richmond Foster

Aledo (questioning them this year)

The first three on that list can easily play with Longview.  FS and PAM may not be world beaters but they do have talented teams.  Long road through these playoffs...but we have to take care of business first with Lancaster.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Mansfield Timberview

Denton Ryan

Richmond Foster

The first three on that list can easily play with Longview.  FS and PAM may not be world beaters but they do have talented teams.  Long road through these playoffs...but we have to take care of business first with Lancaster.

All very good teams. Ill just have to see it to believe it lol. Timberview has that cupcake schedule. 

Edited by LufkinPack

6 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Mansfield Timberview

Denton Ryan

Richmond Foster

Foster definitely has caught my eye. They are definitely the favorites over in Region 3.

Until we beat Ryan, it’s hard for me to say we can. Gotta prove it on the field. 

I’m still not sold on Timberview. But they’re gonna be up there with Lancaster for round 4, as long as we beat the Tigers on Friday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Panther Creek has been getting hammered. Not sure how they have any of the talent there 

It’s always hard on first year varsity programs regardless of who you are. But this has been a discussion amongst coaches in the Frisco, McKinney area seeing as we are so closely aligned district wise. Panther Creek zoning in the long haul will pull the apartments and neighborhoods that have the most talented kids in the city. However the talent at this point is being so stretched thin it’s going to be hard to college depth wise with top tier teams. 

2 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

It’s always hard on first year varsity programs regardless of who you are. But this has been a discussion amongst coaches in the Frisco, McKinney area seeing as we are so closely aligned district wise. Panther Creek zoning in the long haul will pull the apartments and neighborhoods that have the most talented kids in the city. However the talent at this point is being so stretched thin it’s going to be hard to college depth wise with top tier teams. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Shadow Creek make it to state their first year varsity?

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Shadow Creek make it to state their first year varsity?

Yes. Lost to HP in the game before us. Then won state the following year.

Of course they, like Paetow, were well over 5A D1 numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I understand and was well aware that Shadow Creek lost to HP in the championship game in 2018 and beat Ryan in 2019. However, they are one of the few 1st year program to succeed at that level. I think most can agree that it’s rough for most 1st year program, especially when they are thrown to the fire of varsity football early. 

25 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I understand and was well aware that Shadow Creek lost to HP in the championship game in 2018 and beat Ryan in 2019. However, they are one of the few 1st year program to succeed at that level. I think most can agree that it’s rough for most 1st year program, especially when they are thrown to the fire of varsity football early. 

Both Shadow Creek and Katy Paetow had very favorable zoning draws that led to great talent that was brought in.  I believe SC was at 2700+ kids when they won it and Paetow was over 3000 kids.  Neither should have been competing in 5ad1.  UIL has to fix that. 

19 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Both Shadow Creek and Katy Paetow had very favorable zoning draws that led to great talent that was brought in.  I believe SC was at 2700+ kids when they won it and Paetow was over 3000 kids.  Neither should have been competing in 5ad1.  UIL has to fix that. 

You’re correct. Shadow Creek drew a bunch of the kids that were at Manvel and as we’ve seen Manvel hasn’t been the consistent power that were prior to Shadow Creek opening. SC also had that young group of kids for two years before they played that first season of varsity ball which is really helpful. 

12 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

SC also had that young group of kids for two years before they played that first season of varsity ball which is really helpful. 

Yep. Believe Shadow Creek even beat Marshall (at Marshall) in 2017 if I remember correctly, the year before they started full varsity.

Edited by LoboFan07

I’ll be surprised if this game isn’t a blowout after watching both teams. Lancaster has talent but not enough to keep this close, especially if the same Lobo team that i watched last week comes out at lobo on Friday night. Maybe I’m missing something tho….but right now i don’t see it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’ll be surprised if this game isn’t a blowout after watching both teams. Lancaster has talent but not enough to keep this close, especially if the same Lobo team that i watched last week comes out at lobo on Friday night. Maybe I’m missing something tho….but right now i don’t see it. 

LP will be the 2nd place team in this district...

Write it down take a picture I said what I said

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1