Week Five: Longview vs Lancaster

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Lancaster Tiges (3-1)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lancaster in a close one
    • Lancaster in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:30 AM

Whew, that was quick! 

No disrespect to Lancaster (they're a heckuva football team, and we knew that) but we've 💯 been our own worst enemy thus far. 

Dropped picks, missed tackles, missed blocks, turnovers. Man, you can't do that against *any* opponent and expect to win, let alone a team of this caliber. 

We've got to tighten up and play Longview football right out the gate, or this one's gonna get out of hand. Lancaster came to play. LOBO UP! 

Both offenses dont seem like they can get in rhythm. No idea what the LV gameplan is but I'd be handing that ball off to #2 often. Then playaction off that to #8. At least Lancaster is going to spread you out and dink and dunk. That short WR #0 is nice. Both defenses doing their part. Sloppy special teams from both sides. 

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 1

Just now, AledoAlumni said:

Both offenses dont seem like they can get in rhythm. No idea what LV gameplan is but I'd be handing that ball off to #2 often. Then playaction off that to #8. At least Lancaster is going to spread you out and dink and dunk. That short WR #0 is nice. Both defenses doing their part. Sloppy special teams from both sides. 

Play calling has really been baffling thus far.

• LOL! 1

The cushion and soft zone on defense and ridiculous play calling shows they are scared or worried about Lancaster’s speed.

Lancaster scores on the second half kickoff, Lobos are in trouble.  Lancaster has made great second half changes.  Going to be a crazy second half

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

Whew, that was quick! 

No disrespect to Lancaster (they're a heckuva football team, and we knew that) but we've 💯 been our own worst enemy thus far. 

Dropped picks, missed tackles, missed blocks, turnovers. Man, you can't do that against *any* opponent and expect to win, let alone a team of this caliber. 

We've got to tighten up and play Longview football right out the gate, or this one's gonna get out of hand. Lancaster came to play. LOBO UP! 

LOL - man I gotta tell you I am disappointed in these Lobos.  They are not looking like the #1 team in the state, and it has nothing to do with #2.  I’m optimistic we will see the real Lobos in the 2nd half.  King needs to be chewing on some butt about now.

• Like 1