Week Five: Longview vs Lancaster

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Lancaster Tiges (3-1)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lancaster in a close one
    • Lancaster in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:30 AM

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I might've missed it. What was Lancasters "great gameplan"?

Their defensive game plan was to sell everything on stopping anything between the tackles...and it worked. Fortunately, we had the strength, and in the end, the adjustments to overcome it. They just ran their offense. Nothing surprising there. I think it was just their defensive plan that made this game as close as it was. That's JMO, though. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Fair post. Lancaster on offense seemed like a great value version of Texas Tech. Their defense though was the most impressive unit to me. And I think the best player on the field was #2 for LV. Dude is really good but he needs more touches!!! LV needs better play calling. 

Dude ran the ball 27 times last night. How many more touches does he need?

13 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

5-10. Wildcat, jet sweep, swing pass. Pitch to the outside. Misdirection. He was your best player last night. 

Lancaster speed on defense was the reason Longview did not run a lot of plays on the perimeter.  Longview just went old school Longview and pounded Lancaster in the middle with Tatum. The running game controlled the clock and keep Lancaster offense off the field.  The game still came down to the team who make the fewest mistakes in the 2nd half. This would have been a whole different game if Lancaster does not throw that pick in the fourth quarter.  I can promise you that is what they were thinking on that bus ride home. Both teams scored way below their average which tells you both defenses played great.

• Like 1

First time I have seen Longview or Lancaster play in 4 or 5 years.  Was very impressed by both teams.  I thought they were two evenly matched teams.  Tatum is a STUD!  Disappointed in Hale or the fact that Longview didn't have different ways to get him the ball if he is as talented as I have heard.  Is the QB good enough to win a State Championship for the Lobos?

Very impressed with Lancaster's QB except for his decision to throw the ball up for grabs in the end zone with about 6 minutes left in the game trailing 14 -13.  Lancaster also has athletes all over the field.  I won't be surprised to see these 2 talented teams play again in the playoffs.     

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

Lancaster speed on defense was the reason Longview did not run a lot of plays on the perimeter.  Longview just went old school Longview and pounded Lancaster in the middle with Tatum. The running game controlled the clock and keep Lancaster offense off the field.  The game still came down to the team who make the fewest mistakes in the 2nd half. This would have been a whole different game if Lancaster does not throw that pick in the fourth quarter.  I can promise you that is what they were thinking on that bus ride home. Both teams scored way below their average which tells you both defenses played great.

I know Lancaster has speed but I'd bet on #2 for LV 1v1 in open space vs running into a brick wall over and over. 

On 9/22/2022 at 10:10 PM, ANTI said:

Yep

I was telling @Gametyme the other night (007 was right behind me), as good as Longview is now...this is only the beginning of a string of very good Lobo teams...

JR class all the way down to the 6th graders. Talent, talent, talent.

I see that pipeline isn't drying up anytime soon. Lufkin has a small window with these 10th graders because we don't have much coming up. They 9th graders have some pieces that should fit nicely in 2 years when they're SRs. I'm all in on my futures bet lol. Sorry im Iate bro you know I don't venture over here to often. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...