Week 5: Brook Hill at Atlanta

Sportsjunkiee

Week 5: Brook Hill at Atlanta  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 9/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

I have nothing but respect for EF. I thought they were pretty decent when I saw them. I think they have plenty of potential, just gotta figure themselves out. 

Always enjoyed playing them back when we were in the same district. They generally field a pretty solid team. Back in 07 when we both played for titles we had a fun 13-7 defensive battle. Sounds like it was boring but it was slobber knocker. Wouldn't mind seeing them on the schedule in the future. 

Alright so, I took a few things from this game.

Homecoming is a distraction, no doubt. Probably more to some than others, and I have no doubt that it played a role.

For the majority of the game, Brook Hill really seemed to find all the weak spots. I think they came in with a solid gameplan. Their team was hyped up from the coin toss.

We did not play all that well at times. Tackling was sloppy at times, as well as coverage was spotty. This was the first team we've seen that could really throw the ball, and they caught everything they got their hands on it seemed.

We did not do well in the passing game. Lots of errant throws, and if it was a good throw, we dropped it. It seemed to always be one or the other. Even the kids who I thought were the most sure-handed on the team... drops... So many missed opportunities. I felt like this game was going to get blown open at any point, but it just never happened. It would be a dropped pass, or broken play... I'm not sure. Just bad juju.

I was very impressed with our running backs though, as well as the coaches rotating them. Blocking is still hit or miss, here and there, but man do we have some explosive backs. With 1:20 to go, and 1 timeout, we managed to drive 60 yards down field in 4 plays, with a different back carrying the ball each time, ending with the QB running it in for the go-ahead TD with 0:12 to go.

Defense showed they were human tonight, for sure. We were missing a couple of starters due to injury, that I hope will be back. I will say though, that I do believe our coach was constantly making adjustments though, and ultimately by the end of the game, had Brook Hill completely shut down. 

Overall, a win is a win. The boys kept fighting, even after mistakes. We lost a close game, then followed up this week and won a close game. The boys are getting a ton of experience and figuring it out. Now to get healthy and get ready for Sabine! 

4 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Very disciplined and fundamentally sound team in Brookhill. Differently a good game for us going into district play.  Play open week and district play.

Yes they were. They executed very well. At first, I thought it was luck, but the more the game went on, the more I could see what they were doing. They don't out athlete you, but they will scheme you. Just a well coached team. 

• Like 1

Even though our guys came up a little short tonight, I thought the game was a great game to be a part of and really made both teams better. Atlanta is on the right track and Brook Hill continued their growth as a team tonight. Neither team deserved to lose that one!

Hats off to the Atlanta community. That was an AMAZING atmosphere tonight!

• Love 2

4 hours ago, uniballer said:

Even though our guys came up a little short tonight, I thought the game was a great game to be a part of and really made both teams better. Atlanta is on the right track and Brook Hill continued their growth as a team tonight. Neither team deserved to lose that one!

Glad y'all came out! That was a good game. It was a clean game. Both sides fought till the end, that's for sure! I was impressed with BH. Y'all ran some good stuff last night. Definitely a great test for our boys!

6 hours ago, uniballer said:

You guys were a CLASS ACT!!!  That was an absolutely great game.  Both teams came to play and never gave up.  Enjoyed watch your team.  I didn't know anything about Brook Hill before but now know I know about you guys.  Both teams played the game like it should be last night.  I wish we would keep this game going for years to come.  Good luck the rest of the season and may GOD BLESS!!! 

• Like 1