Week 5: Tatum vs Lumberton

Sportsjunkiee

Week 5: Tatum vs Lumberton  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I know very little of Lumberton or who they've played. I do know we keep getting better and better. And I do believe for the first time this season we are not at a speed disadvantage.

Lumberton 38 Hamshire-Fannett 31

Lumberton 24 Houston St. Thoma 42

Lumberton 52 - Nac 6

Lumberton 56 Bridge City 7

Would seem they won't be any type of pushover. 

22 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I know very little of Lumberton or who they've played. I do know we keep getting better and better. And I do believe for the first time this season we are not at a speed disadvantage.

Lumberton 38 Hamshire-Fannett 31

Lumberton 24 Houston St. Thoma 42

Lumberton 52 - Nac 6

Lumberton 56 Bridge City 7

Would seem they won't be any type of pushover. 

They are obviously doing something rite to be ranked 8 in a state poll..i would think they would prolly be somewhat quick?  Idk bro,got a sneekin feeling yall could get caught flat footed..js..  

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

They are obviously doing something rite to be ranked 8 in a state poll..i would think they would prolly be somewhat quick?  Idk bro,got a sneekin feeling yall could get caught flat footed..js..  

they got some speed but nothing like we’ve seen this year. They’re the big and strong Nebraska type. 

2 minutes ago, neveragain said:

I don't know how this game got scheduled.  Lumberton is a large school and beat Nacogdoches by 46 points.  I know Tatum is good, but this Lumberton team might be more than they can handle.  The bad thing is they have to play them for two years.

We needed a game and they needed a game and the two coaches know each other. 

Edited by Eagleborn

4 hours ago, neveragain said:

I understand how it works, but I hate to see schools schedule bigger schools and then complain about the size difference.  If you are going to schedule them just play the game and move on.

You won’t see us complain. Looking forward to trying to punch a bigger school in the mouth. 

S/O to the small schools taking on bigger schools. 

S/O to the bigger schools for filling up their schedule with the smaller ones. Make sure you wipe off the toilet seat before you sit down to pee. 

Edited by Eagleborn

They are big and athletic QB has a few options at WR to get the ball to. The RB isn’t small by no means. It will be a tall task for Tatum but not impossible. They like to throw the ball and run tempo. If the play breaks down the QB is mobile as well and will take off. Tatum has to be disciplined on the defense side of the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You won’t see us complain. Looking forward to trying to punch a bigger school in the mouth. 

We've been punching up all year,whole classification,it'll make you better if a bunch don't get dinged..  That's the whole trick tho,no major injury...I'm no a fan tho..js I think it needs to stay within reason 1 division or maybe a single classification..js

3 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Tatum has to be disciplined on the defense side of the ball. 

Lol....We prefer the "try to outscore you method" lol. Skill positions are young on defense. We have given up some points. Giving up 39.8 ppg. Scoring 43.8 ppg. If we're gonna win, it's gonna be in another shootout. Win or Lose....we should come out gaining from it. 

Guest Tiger03lb
51 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol....We prefer the "try to outscore you method" lol. Skill positions are young on defense. We have given up some points. Giving up 39.8 ppg. Scoring 43.8 ppg. If we're gonna win, it's gonna be in another shootout. Win or Lose....we should come out gaining from it. 

Heck yeah. Broke that 40 ppg avg. Things are looking up