Week 5: Tatum vs Lumberton

Sportsjunkiee

Week 5: Tatum vs Lumberton  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Sho nuff.....But,I mean.....Our opponents are actually running plays and not watching kick offs bounce around the field of play. Lol

In two weeks they will be. That's just the plan for GW. They hoping y'all will think it'll be an easy game and take the night off. Lol

5 hours ago, neveragain said:

I understand how it works, but I hate to see schools schedule bigger schools and then complain about the size difference.  If you are going to schedule them just play the game and move on.

Agreed... What school beats their chest about beating a smaller school.. Relatively low measure of a school and program IMO.. Schools/Fans that do that sort of thing are usually very unsuccessful and not accustomed to winning.. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

21 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Agreed... What school beats their chest about beating a smaller school.. Relatively low measure of a school and program IMO.. Schools/Fans that do that sort of thing are usually very unsuccessful and not accustomed to winning.. 

Either that or when an arrogant fan base (similar to DF) talks crazy for several weeks and then dont back up their crazy talk, some will let you know. 

5 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Either that or when an arrogant fan base (similar to DF) talks crazy for several weeks and then dont back up their crazy talk, some will let you know. 

lol I hear ya. I wouldn't use Dfield as a example though. The fans are probably  talking  proudly about their program because of their proven success 🙌.  The ones who let them know are usually very subpar opponents. Jmo

• Like 1

I think this game will be a lot closer than people expect. They're not over the top fast which will help Tatum. They are probably the slowest team that they've seen soon far. It will be who can control the ball and the line of scrimmage. If Tatum can tackle their huge RB it might just be a upset. Definitely a trap game for Lumberton.

53 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

I think this game will be a lot closer than people expect. They're not over the top fast which will help Tatum. They are probably the slowest team that they've seen soon far. It will be who can control the ball and the line of scrimmage. If Tatum can tackle their huge RB it might just be a upset. Definitely a trap game for Lumberton.

I think our offense is the perfect counter to what they want to try to do. Whether that will translate into any type of success against them or not, I'm not sure. We're gonna wanna slow it way down. Depth will be a big factor this week. Would love to see the boys pull off the upset. 

19 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Lumberton fixing to get a dose of the triple option, Tatum has been getting better running it and look very good

Never thought I'd say it but it's actually about as fun to watch as the spread for me. Maybe it's only because we're actually pretty good at running it but it's more exciting than I expected it to be lol. Seeing the pitch, then looking up field and seeing only one man he's gotta beat. Fun stuff man, fun stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raider20 said:

Have not played a predominantly run heavy team yet. Curious to see how we perform. Our front is our defensive strength.   

Good test for both of us in the run department then. Our run D is fairly solid. Young on the back end. 

21 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Good test for both of us in the run department then. Our run D is fairly solid. Young on the back end. 

RB averages about 12-14 carries game. QB runs as needed when play breaks down or pressured out. If Tatum's secondary is young, could be a long day. We throw the ball! A lot! WR's have good speed as they broke the school record in the 4x100 and qualified for the state track meet. 

Edited by Raider20

5 minutes ago, Raider20 said:

RB averages about 12-14 carries game. QB runs as needed when play breaks down or pressured out. If Tatum's secondary is young, could be a long day. WR's have good speed as they broke the school record in the 4x100 and qualified for the state track meet. 

Been a long night/day 3 out of the 4 games we've played. Might as well stack in one more before we take on a run oriented district lol. They did show some progress last week to the eye....not so much to the stat sheet but we were in position on the deep stuff, mostly, for the first time.....kept the short stuff in front of us and were able to force a few turnovers on downs. We just need to keep getting better. Another solid test won't kill us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raider20 said:

Gonna be a tough test for us. Strength of our defense is run D and well....doesn't look like yall will do much running. We're averaging 450 on the ground a game. Hopefully we'll continue to have some success on the ground this week. Just hope we can both come out of it healthy. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Gonna be a tough test for us. Strength of our defense is run D and well....doesn't look like yall will do much running. We're averaging 450 on the ground a game. Hopefully we'll continue to have some success on the ground this week. Just hope we can both come out of it healthy. 

Amen. Healthy!

That's what I'm anxious to see. How our D handles Tatum's run game for a full 4 qtrs.

• Like 2