17. Llano - W 31-6 over Coleman
18. Diboll - W 56-21 over Hardin-Jefferson 
T20. Winnsboro - W 54-28 over New Boston 
T20. Breckenridge - W 62-12 over Eastland 
T20. Little River Academy - W 37-15 over Salado 
T20. Tatum - W 49-39 over West Rusk 

Others: Blanco, Anahuac, Paradise 

• Like 1

09 I see you are still believer in Brock.  They’ll blow thru their district and region fairly easy. 
At #5 I believe is a little generous  especially with the loss to Gunter. 
Dropping Yoe to 15 is questionable.  What I saw down in Bellville was a Brahma team that is going to make some noise in the 4a playoffs. The Brahmas have athletes with size all over the field.  That team is definitely better than last years squad.   Looking forward to the start of district 11 play. 

Having someone winless in the top 10 is definitely going to raise some eyebrows, but I think if they played a lot of schedules that other have inside these rankings, they'd also be undefeated.  At the end of the day, I still see Brock in the state semifinals and at least playing a very competitive game with region II, and that is why I have them where they are at.  Maybe Bushland can make a push.  Now, if they lose a district game to someone I don't believe they should, I will drop them heavily.  Big games Whitesboro and Paradise are on the horizon.  

I didn't really expect the Yoemen to beat Bellville, but that was a wax on/wax off type of game.  Cameron will have their chance next week to prove if they are going to be a contender or not.  Win that game, and you'll be where you should be. 

With Carthage and China Spring out of the region and WOS not looking all that great, it's certainly possible for Bellville to take that next step.  They are certainly better than someone like Connally, so really it comes down to Cuero/Silsbee because they will roll their district.  

Edited by Yoe09

1 minute ago, Yoe09 said:

Having someone winless in the top 10 is definitely going to raise some eyebrows, but I think if they played a lot of schedules that other have inside these rankings, they'd also be undefeated.  At the end of the day, I still see Brock in the state semifinals and at least playing a very competitive game with region II, and that is why I have them where they are at.  Maybe Bushland can make a push.  Now, if they lose a district game to someone I don't believe they should, I will drop them heavily.  Big games Whitesboro and Paradise are on the horizon.  

I didn't really expect the Yoemen to beat Bellville, but that was a wax on/wax off type of game.  Cameron will have their chance next week to prove if they are going to be a contender or not.  Win that game, and you'll be where you should be. 

With Carthage and China Spring out of the region and WOS not looking all that great, it's certainly possible for Bellville to take that next step.  They are certainly better than someone like Connally, so really it comes down to Cuero/Silsbee because they will roll their district.  

How long is Goolsby going to be out? And just how well is Meyer playing with his injury?

Bushland is good. I really think they are a top 6 team. Their DLINE is filthy, and they cause chaos running the old Celina 10-1 defense. QB is a stud as well. They blew 4AD1 Canyon out in a scrimmage(I know it’s a scrimmage, but still). I think they come out of Reg 1 this year.

10 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Bushland is good. I really think they are a top 6 team. Their DLINE is filthy, and they cause chaos running the old Celina 10-1 defense. QB is a stud as well. They blew 4AD1 Canyon out in a scrimmage(I know it’s a scrimmage, but still). I think they come out of Reg 1 this year.

You could be right.  Maybe Brock and Bushland need to be flipped in these rankings.  If they do handle Dumas this week, I could see them jumping to around 10 next week.  There is no question they have been impressive in the early going.  

17 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

At some point you may want to add Jefferson to your list. They are 3-1. You have teams on your list that bite and you are going by the name.  

Jefferson is a team I have my eye on.  I dind't really include anyone else in my others to watch this week, but they are a team I considered.   I want to see a little more first.  

On 9/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, Lion54 said:

You might as well go ahead and put Tatum in the top 10

Appreciate the vote of confidence but we still have defensive issues to work out. Offense is gonna be as good as anyone's by the playoffs but we gotta find a way to get better at defending the pass. 

Just now, SouthTexasDrifter said:

De Kalb was #8 when they beat them.  They have also played Timpson better than everyone else without Jefferson having their two best players in Tomlinson and Kam.

Jeffy likely plays for 4th place in district. Gladewater has had some rough losses to stud programs but they'll get it together at some point and do pretty solid in district. Atlanta looks solid. Think Tatum's offense will score with anybody in district. I see Jeffy fighting Sabine for the 4 seed. They are improved from last season though. 

26 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Jeffy likely plays for 4th place in district. Gladewater has had some rough losses to stud programs but they'll get it together at some point and do pretty solid in district. Atlanta looks solid. Think Tatum's offense will score with anybody in district. I see Jeffy fighting Sabine for the 4 seed. They are improved from last season though. 

Wow such a bold statement we will soon find out. Jeffy plays Waskom in Tatum for a district title.  Where would Tatum be without the Waskom without crew?

Guest Tiger03lb
54 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

At some point you may want to add Jefferson to your list. They are 3-1. You have teams on your list that bite and you are going by the name.  

I wouldn't after the HS game. If HS had more gas in the 2nd half, they would've been fine. 

Guest Tiger03lb
29 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Hate to say this but E8 is probably right about this. 

41 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

You could be right.  Maybe Brock and Bushland need to be flipped in these rankings.  If they do handle Dumas this week, I could see them jumping to around 10 next week.  There is no question they have been impressive in the early going.  

Think time will tell. They beat us handily, but we spotted them 21 in the 7 minutes off of a bad snap on punt, unforced fumble inside our 25, and bad interception out of our end zone. 

that said, I think if we played 10x we beat them 5. They are excellent at stopping the spread due to massive amount of pressure on the QB. However, we went to the wing t (hard to believe), and outplayed them from then on out. 

1 hour ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Wow such a bold statement we will soon find out. Jeffy plays Waskom in Tatum for a district title.  Where would Tatum be without the Waskom without crew?

1 hour ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Where would y’all be without that soft schedule?

3 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

So playing #1 Timpson; playing #9 De Kalb, and #5 Centerville is a easy schedule? Hum now play teams like Redwater or Spring Hill is soft. Have a clue better yet get educated in what you are talking about. Okay not to admit which you still haven't answered the question where would Tatum be without the Waskom boys? 

I can answer that. We didn’t have the “Waskom boys” last year and Tatum beat Jeffy 56-20.