My Week 5 3A DI Rankings

Yoe09

11 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Dang we crowning Winnsboro already? MV still in that district 

Man, I dunno what to think. Had yalls QB not had the season ender, woulda been a no brainer to me. I had yall as likely winner of the region with a chance to go to the dance. Hate that for your QB btw. Absolutely horrible, hope he recovers quickly and still gets to play at the next level..............But as far as the season..... now....I dunno man....just dunno. Little Finney is roasting folks. Big time roasting. As bad as I hate saying it cuz what happened to yalls poor QB is tragic and I hurt for him......but his injury opened the door for other possibilities in not only the region but also in the district. Winny is one of those possibilities as long as baby Finney continues to set fire to defenses. I wouldn't say crown them District Champs yet....but I ain't saying it ain't gonna happen either. What once looked like a very clear future got very cloudy 2 weeks ago. 

Edited by Eagle8

38 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Man, I dunno what to think. Had yalls QB not had the season ender, woulda been a no brainer to me. I had yall as likely winner of the region with a chance to go to the dance. Hate that for your QB btw. Absolutely horrible, hope he recovers quickly and still gets to play at the next level..............But as far as the season..... now....I dunno man....just dunno. Little Finney is roasting folks. Big time roasting. As bad as I hate saying it cuz what happened to yalls poor QB is tragic and I hurt for him......but his injury opened the door for other possibilities in not only the region but also in the district. Winny is one of those possibilities as long as baby Finney continues to set fire to defenses. I wouldn't say crown them District Champs yet....but I ain't saying it ain't gonna happen either. What once looked like a very clear future got very cloudy 2 weeks ago. 

I'm not sure our QB being out will have much of an impact on the outcome of the MV/Winny game. It may actually work in our favor.  Our defense will be the key.  They will have to make some stops on Winny regardless of whether Bennett is QB or not.  Same goes with Winny defense.  They will have to stop #0, #1, #10 and our backup QB's.  How it may work in our favor is we may not have the quick strikes like we would if Bennett were in there, so we may be able to manage the clock more and keep the ball out of Finney's hands.  Turnovers and defensive play will likely be the deciding factor in this game. Just my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

I'm not sure our QB being out will have much of an impact on the outcome of the MV/Winny game. It may actually work in our favor.  Our defense will be the key.  They will have to make some stops on Winny regardless of whether Bennett is QB or not.  Same goes with Winny defense.  They will have to stop #0, #1, #10 and our backup QB's.  How it may work in our favor is we may not have the quick strikes like we would if Bennett were in there, so we may be able to manage the clock more and keep the ball out of Finney's hands.  Turnovers and defensive play will likely be the deciding factor in this game. Just my opinion. 

I get what you're saying but let's be honest. Not having a guy like Bennett suited up is gonna have a tremendous impact. 3rd and 9s might as well be 3rd and 20s now. Half your playbook went out the window when that young man's season ended. Yalls ability to play catch up if yall get behind is severely hindered. It worked against Sabine but at some point the Wildcat isn't gonna work by itself anymore. Not having Bennett has most definitely altered the course of the district and region. Finney is a damn solid coach. He's gonna load the box the best he can and do his best to make yall try to beat him through the air. Or I at least would. We'll see how the season goes. I wish yall the best. Maybe one of those back up QBs can get whipped into shape. 

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Tatum Guy,

Stop it you will bow out in second round.

MV is the top team in region 2 and everyone is playing second best.

Please explain your reasoning? 

I'll say what some won't say. MV is living off of last years success, they are a good team but not as good as last season. Bennett was a big piece of the MV success, take that out and they are honestly a run team now than a balanced offense. They're gonna be 70/30 run/pass and in most cases in a spread based offense and to make a deep run, you usually have to be balanced. 

The other thing that you see is McGill will be getting most of the work load, that fine but it's gonna wear him down and there really isn't a decent back up for him. They got him running, throw, and doing punt returns. Yes, McGill is a special player but when MV goes against a good defense, I don't know how much success they'll have and even if a team has a okay defense and a high powered offense that can score. I see that happening as well. 

There's a few more issues but it's not the same team now. 

Like I said, MV has a good team but they aren't a shoe in anymore. 

Imo, the 3 favorites right now at the halfway point of the regular season in region 2 are MV, Koff, West

With GV, Winny, and Tatum on the edge. If Tatum and Winny can get their defenses going a little bit better and GV needs more help on the offensive side, they could be up there in the mix. 

It's funny to sit here and read how the Tatum people feel as if they are in the same category as a top tier team in Texas. Well, I am a firm believer in the numbers do not lie unlike some of y'all on here.

Tatum Record

2012 to 2021 63-47 with 5 playoff wins

Best year coming in 2013 with an 11-1 mark that year won a Bi-District Championship

Jefferson Record

2012 to 2021 over the same time from 64-46 with 4 play off wins.

Best record were in 2017/2018 10-2 with a Bi-District Championship

So Jefferson is +1 in overall record

Tatum is +1 in playoff game victories.

So the numbers don't lie how can the Tatum people act like their better than everyone.

Resource Max Preps

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'll say what some won't say. MV is living off of last years success, they are a good team but not as good as last season. Bennett was a big piece of the MV success, take that out and they are honestly a run team now than a balanced offense. They're gonna be 70/30 run/pass and in most cases in a spread based offense and to make a deep run, you usually have to be balanced. 

The other thing that you see is McGill will be getting most of the work load, that fine but it's gonna wear him down and there really isn't a decent back up for him. They got him running, throw, and doing punt returns. Yes, McGill is a special player but when MV goes against a good defense, I don't know how much success they'll have and even if a team has a okay defense and a high powered offense that can score. I see that happening as well. 

Imo, the 3 favorites right now at the halfway point of the regular season in region 2 are MV, Koff, West

With GV, Winny, and Tatum on the edge. If Tatum and Winny can get their defenses going a little bit better and GV needs more help on the offensive side, they could be up there in the mix. 

I dont disagree with much of this post myself. Bennett was most definitely the catalyst to a very good offensive attack that in my opinion was only slightly weaker than last year and thats only cause of one player no longer being there in Coffman. Now that he is out, they have to decide on their new identity. 0 and 1 are their best two offensive players and its not close. The others were made better by Bennetts ability to throw. No doubt the backup qb(s) can be/will be good. The question is which route gives you the best chance for another deep run? 1 was the deep threat and him and 8 had a good thing going in the first 2 plus games. Can he still be that threat with a backup qb? Or do you move him into the backfield with 0 and do exactly what they did last week and run the ball 60 times for 500 yards utilizing your best two players to the fullest? All good questions and things to ponder. Should be an exciting district 5 slate first then we can discuss playoffs

9 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

It's funny to sit here and read how the Tatum people feel as if they are in the same category as a top tier team in Texas. Well, I am a firm believer in the numbers do not lie unlike some of y'all on here.

Tatum Record

Best year coming in 2013 with an 11-1 mark that year won a Bi-District Championship

Jefferson Record

So the numbers don't lie how can the Tatum people act like their better than everyone.

Resource Max Preps

Ok. Now paint the whole picture with each one’s schedule. That’d help shed some light. 

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Didn't GV already beat koff in koff this year?  

30 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Tatum Record

Jefferson Record

Resource Max Preps

From 2012 to 2021

2012 Tatum 31 Jefferson 12
2013 Tatum 45 Jefferson 19
2020 Tatum 59 Jefferson 6
2021 Tatum 56 Jefferson 20

The numbers don't lie. Tatum was 4-0 vs Jefferson in the span you gave and Tatum outscored Jefferson 191 to 57 in that span. Spin them numbers how ya want. You ain't on our level and haven't been for quite some time. This year isn't going to be any different.

Edited by Eagle8

Guest Tiger03lb
14 minutes ago, lcuchapps said:

Didn't GV already beat koff in koff this year?  

Yes GV won the game, more of a rivalry game, but koff didn't do themselves any favors in helping themselves that game. Doesn't help when you get your first catch of the game mid 3rd qtr. 

If they were to play again. It'll be different. 

Edited by Tiger03lb

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

From 2012 to 2021

2012 Tatum 31 Jefferson 12
2013 Tatum 45 Jefferson 19
2020 Tatum 59 Jefferson 6
2021 Tatum 56 Jefferson 20

The numbers don't lie. Tatum was 4-0 vs Jefferson in the span you gave and Tatum outscored Jefferson 191 to 57 in that span. Spin them numbers how ya want. You ain't on our level and haven't been for quite some time. This year isn't going to be any different.

But but but … 😂

2 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

But but but … 😂

I'm bored at home so I took it the distance of Maxpreps records.....back to the 04-05 season. Tatum is 11-0 vs Jefferson in that span. We been giving the wrong team hell for so long. It's actually been longer since Jefferson has beat us than White Oak, lmao. 

Edited by Eagle8

6 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm bored at home so I took it the distance of Maxpreps records.....back to the 04-05 season. Tatum is 11-0 vs Jefferson in that span. We been giving the wrong team hell for so long. It's actually been longer since Jefferson has beat us than White Oak, lmao. 

At least when we’ve been eliminated from the playoffs, we knew we wasn’t very good. Jefferson comes out the gate occasionally looking like they may make a run and their fans crowning them and never fails… choke choke choke

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

At least when we’ve been eliminated from the playoffs, we knew we wasn’t very good. Jefferson comes out the gate occasionally looking like they may make a run and their fans crowning them and never fails… choke choke choke

I’ll admit there were a couple years we underachieved but it’s like every year the Jeffy fans come out barking and growling and then get hit by the trash truck. 😂

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

So not only are we WOs daddy but also Jefferson? 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes GV won the game, more of a rivalry game, but koff didn't do themselves any favors in helping themselves that game. Doesn't help when you get your first catch of the game mid 3rd qtr. 

It's kind of the same response every year that GV beats them though (koff just didn't play very good). Just kind of sounds like excuses. Maybe GV is just better than koff every year that they play.  I mean I think koff has only won maybe once in the last 6 attempts. 🤷‍♂️  

16 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Every time man