Cushing 23, Colmesneil 20.... FINAL

RETIREDFAN1

Cushing @ Colmesneil   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ClydesBoys96 said:

Gee wiz, that's just mean.   Cushing has steadily improved over last few years.  At least they are getting better unlike 1 team that I know.  

Hopefully one day O-town will find a way to keep their best players from going down the road when they get to high school.  I remember the early 80’s and the Kennedy family gene line… Overton had some good teams back then… 1983…the only year Cushing was rank in the top 10 innClass A… the only problem was there were 3 other teams ranked ahead of them in the district with Tenaha, Union Hill and Overton.

Leverett’s Chapel and Carlisle were tough outs then as well.  1st District game for Cushing ended up 14-12 over ME with Cushing’s star QB, punter and field goal kicker going down with a season ending knee injury which weakened the Bearkats considerably for the rest of the season.

Im not sure about how many Overton  players have gone elsewhere… just citing other conversations about the situation there in Overton and figure this to be one of the issues.

• Like 1

Bearkats have to play consistently to keep improving.  Our schedule is not aiding that improvement because the speed and physicality of Carlisle, Alto and Tenaha and their schedules they play are 200% better that what Cushing is playing.  It will not show 4 weeks down the road.  Offensive crispness and tempo will have to be much better by then or there will be a 3 week stretch with Carlisle, Tenaha and Alto.

I applaud how hard the Alto players are playing despite the circumstances.  They are playing for their town, school and their fellow teammates.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Colmesneil stands at 3-1 on the season..... Tough matchup this week ....I'm taking Colmesneil.......

Sorry you're going down.  That West Hardin team yall squeaked by by 1 point had a running clock on them last week against Cushing.  

• LOL! 2

16 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Sorry you're going down.  That West Hardin team yall squeaked by by 1 point had a running clock on them last week against Cushing.  

Yeah but with this ref shortage they got me, the ag teacher, 2 bus drivers and a janitor officiating the game.....kinda like they do in Evadale huh @Hagar.......🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

This ain't gonna be one them ft.wort type games is it,you know with hands being thrown an stuff?

Nope, Colmesneil is just to far a trip for me and I don't venture into the unknown unless I know what I'm getting into.  But make no mistake, I'm sending in my top men to handle things Friday.

download.jpeg

Edited by Red90fly
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

8 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Yeah but with this ref shortage they got me, the ag teacher, 2 bus drivers and a janitor officiating the game.....kinda like they do in Evadale huh @Hagar.......🤣😂🤣😂

Officials at Friday nights Evadale game had to leave immediately after to officiate the Tx A&M vs Miami game.  Where you getting your info from?  We run a clean program.  Everything on the up & up (except the Rebels vs the Oilers, lol).

• LOL! 2

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Cushing 23, Colmesneil 20.... FINAL