Mount Vernon(4-0)@ Mineola(2-2)

gamewatcher63

Who wins   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I guess the Jackets just might as well walk over and get on bended knee and kiss the state ring of the Tigers and call the game off out of fear…except MV don’t have a ring yet…

Doubt they ever will

39 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I guess the Jackets just might as well walk over and get on bended knee and kiss the state ring of the Tigers and call the game off out of fear…except MV don’t have a ring yet…

The ring talk has calmed down quite a bit after all the injuries. I think it will be a tough game, and most real MV fans feel the same. 
Two of the best east Texas running backs will be featured in this one! 

• Like 1

Moreland got hurt on the first series after halftime so the Jackets went wildcat with Pendergrass taking the snaps. He did it last year while Moreland was out…

Here’s what he did last night…

https://www.etvarsity.com/sports/football/et-football-primetime-players-for-week-4/article_0f4f0daa-369c-11ed-ac36-53ef539a7112.html

“Dawson Pendergrass, Mineola: Pendergrass carried 25 times for 311 yards and 3 TD, caught four passes for 66 yards and a TD, completed 2 of 4 passes for 50 yards and a TD, had 3 2-point conversions - including the game-winner in OT - and recorded 5 tackles, three pass breakups and an interception return for a TD on defense in a 44-43 win over Bullard.”

With all that I will say it was a team win because there were a lot of other players that stepped up and made great plays…

Friday will be a great game….

I Expect Meredith Memorial Stadium to be packed for this game…just a heads up to anyone coming in from  highway 37 between Quitman and Mineola…a lot of construction has been going on the last few months so be extra careful and give yourself just a little extra time traveling…be safe out there 

• Like 2