Henderson (0-4) @ Lindale (2-2)

GoodOleBoy73

Henderson @ Lindale   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Henderson might be one of the best 0-4 teams in the state. They have lost to some teams that are doing pretty well (Hallsville and Whitehouse) 

Lindale is coming off of an emotional and tough game against Gilmer. Lost a close game but I feel like the Eagles are improving each week. 

District 9-4A opener for both teams. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

Lindale will be favored but absolutely cannot sleep on hendo. Last year we raced out to a 28-0 halftime lead and held on for a 28-21 win. Henderson stormed back. All it takes is letting off the gas just a little and any team we play can get back into the game. I’m not discounting Hendo at all. Don’t care if they’re 0-4. They can beat us. No doubt. 

8 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Henderson might be one of the best 0-4 teams in the state. They have lost to some teams that are doing pretty well (Hallsville and Whitehouse) 

Lindale is coming off of an emotional and tough game against Gilmer. Lost a close game but I feel like the Eagles are improving each week. 

District 9-4A opener for both teams. What are your thoughts?

Wow!! What great claim to fame!!! After Friday they can claim to be one of the best 0-5 teams in the State!!  LOL!!

Lindale by 21

• LOL! 1

For one, I am glad Gilmer is NOT D1 and in that District!  But having watched all the teams in this district play from last year (The Buckeyes pre-district schedule was basically like Gilmer was in the district!)…

I can say this district is the bEastTexas version of the SEC West! Wow…. 

But as our friends on the Lindale staff talked about before our game Friday night, it is more about “Matchups” than it is about anything else. I think Lindale will have an advantage in the trenches with just about every game they play. That O-Line is dominating. And Thurman and the RBs run hard and tough. So as long as they stay ahead of the chains, I think they are 10 points better than Henderson (who is nobody’s “weak sister” btw!) Henderson is going to need Lindale to help them by beating themselves, I.e turning the ball over and making mistakes. And neither of those things are something I think Lindale will do too much.

Lindale 31-15 over Henderson.

I think there is a real chance some craziness ensues over there, like CH beating Lindale, Lindale beating Kilgore and Kilgore beating CH for a 3 way tie! But I also think no matter how the order goes, all three teams will wind up facing each other again later in the playoffs. They all have the ability to survive and advance all the way to pretty near Turkey time!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JBizzle said:

What has anyone seen from Henderson in their 4 losses to think they can be competitive in the district? 

Henderson has lost 9 straight games over the last two seasons.  I thought they were pretty decent last year offensively.  This season they are horrible on defense (giving up 44 pts per game) and it seems they struggle to score offensively.  I will be surprised if they win a game in district this year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AggieAnnie said:

Henderson has lost 9 straight games over the last two seasons.  I thought they were pretty decent last year offensively.  This season they are horrible on defense (giving up 44 pts per game) and it seems they struggle to score offensively.  I will be surprised if they win a game in district this year.

I had to check that. Wow.

Their last win was October 1 last year over Athens.

1 hour ago, Footballobserver said:

Lindale by as many as they want

I’ll apologize in advance for this, but you’re going to see me say this over and over again. This is a young team, so if we get the same team that shadowed up for 1st half against Van, they will win. That team is capable of winning district 6-0. If the 2nd half of Van team shows up, Henderson can win. Lindale seems to play up to their opponent when it’s a good team. And when they get a lead, they seem to struggle at times to keep their foot on the gas. That’s both through losing focus and conservative play calling. They’re young and just have to learn to keep their foot on the gas and deliver kill-shots. Ya gotta be a buncha dawgs and want to run up the score. No lead is safe until it is.