Henderson (0-4) @ Lindale (2-2)

GoodOleBoy73

Henderson @ Lindale   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Geez, I just don't see this as winnable for Hendo, which is crazy to say considering the talent they've got to have walking the halls there. 

Who do they match up well with this season? What's their next winnable game? Surely they won't go 0-10. Surely. 

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

Geez, I just don't see this as winnable for Hendo, which is crazy to say considering the talent they've got to have walking the halls there. 

Who do they match up well with this season? What's their next winnable game? Surely they won't go 0-10. Surely. 

I could see them beating Athens and Jacksonville. Other than that it’s not looking good. That being said you never know what surprises may happen. I just hope there’s no surprise this week lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LOL said:

And stop calling me Shirley.

• LOL! 5

On 9/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, buckeyefandom said:

For one, I am glad Gilmer is NOT D1 and in that District!  But having watched all the teams in this district play from last year (The Buckeyes pre-district schedule was basically like Gilmer was in the district!)…

I can say this district is the bEastTexas version of the SEC West! Wow…. 

But as our friends on the Lindale staff talked about before our game Friday night, it is more about “Matchups” than it is about anything else. I think Lindale will have an advantage in the trenches with just about every game they play. That O-Line is dominating. And Thurman and the RBs run hard and tough. So as long as they stay ahead of the chains, I think they are 10 points better than Henderson (who is nobody’s “weak sister” btw!) Henderson is going to need Lindale to help them by beating themselves, I.e turning the ball over and making mistakes. And neither of those things are something I think Lindale will do too much.

Lindale 31-15 over Henderson.

I think there is a real chance some craziness ensues over there, like CH beating Lindale, Lindale beating Kilgore and Kilgore beating CH for a 3 way tie! But I also think no matter how the order goes, all three teams will wind up facing each other again later in the playoffs. They all have the ability to survive and advance all the way to pretty near Turkey time!

Yeah it's strange that Carthage and Gilmer numbers seem to never make it to 4A D1 cutoff. Hmmm. Anyways that district would be so brutal that everyone would be beat to piece by the first round. 

• Stinks 1

50 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Yeah it's strange that Carthage and Gilmer numbers seem to never make it to 4A D1 cutoff. Hmmm. Anyways that district would be so brutal that everyone would be beat to piece by the first round. 

Carthage numbers are nowhere near the cutoff and as a Carthage resident I see every day how we have not had much growth in the city at all. 

If you are gonna be a troll, be good at it. You are crap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrumpisDump said:

Carthage won State Championship in 2019 in 4AD1. Guess all our move in players aren’t pushing us over the cutoff!

Try again.

Edited by JBizzle
Added
  • Thanks 1

One day closer! I remember arguing with multiple Henderson fans in the spring about how this district was going to shake out. All I heard about was the QB who is ranked in the top 10 in the state....

All of those posters seem to have gone MIA

Looking forward to starting district! I'm taking my Eagles 42-21

48 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

One day closer! I remember arguing with multiple Henderson fans in the spring about how this district was going to shake out. All I heard about was the QB who is ranked in the top 10 in the state....

All of those posters seem to have gone MIA

Looking forward to starting district! I'm taking my Eagles 42-21

Yea, funny how it usually works that way isn't it!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, WhoamI97539 said:

I have no clue how he got as high as he did maybe 7 on 7 he shined 

Well, dad is the HC, that will get him some publicity, older brother was a Power 5 D1 qb, so that gets him some more publicity. 

I have watched Henderson 2 times this year, the kid will probably be a good college qb somewhere. 

Henderson has many more problems than the qb. 

I see Henderson looking for a new HC soon after the season. Both of the HCs kids are seniors.  His wife is still living in DFW and is the Head Girls BB Coach at Desoto who won a state title in 2021. I sure don’t see her leaving there.  HCs usually have 2 year contract so his is probably up after this year (no idea if he receivoa extention after last season) and add to the fact they might go winless or I would say at best 2-8 looking at their schedule.  

nothing against the coaches as I don’t know him, but taking all those factors in effect, I would look for him to head back to the DFW area where he spent the vast majority of his career at add again his wife if there 

again, this is just me looking at the entire situation from the outside and adding in all the variables. Just my opinion 

• Like 2