Henderson (0-4) at Lindale (2-2)

11th meeting

Henderson leads all-time 6-4

First meeting: 1990;

Henderson 24 - Lindale 17

Last meeting: 2021; 

Lindale 28 - Henderson 21

Henderson won the first 4 meetings.  

Lindale has won 4 of the last 6 since then (including the last 2) with the 2 exceptions being 2nd round area playoff games in 2010 and 2011, years in which Henderson won state and went to the semifinals.  

4AD1 rankings:

DCTF/AP:  

Lindale - 12 (no change)

Henderson - 69 (down 5)

MaxPreps:  

Lindale - 12

Henderson - 50

CalPreps power ranking: 

Lindale - 12

Henderson - 49

Predictions:

DCTF: Lindale by 34

CalPreps: Lindale 44 - Henderson 21

Henderson has lost 9 games in a row overall (as well as the last 5 district games).  This qualifies as the second longest losing streak in school history after a 12 game losing streak during the 2007-08 seasons.   

This season Henderson is 0-4.  The program has had 2 seasons (2006 & 2008) that ended with a record of 1-9.   Henderson has never had an 0-10 season in school history.  

Tonight will be Coach Othell Robinson’s 15th game as the Lions’ head coach.   He is 3-11 overall, 1-5 in district games, and 0-0 in playoff games at Henderson. 

It will be Coach Chris Cochran’s 66th game as Lindale’s head coach.  He is 40-25 overall, 22-9 in district games, and 7-4 in playoff games at Lindale. 

I remember the 2010 game when lindale and Henderson played in the 2nd round. Lindale was up a few scores and Henderson came back to win.  I was heart broken lol

33 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

I remember the 2010 game when lindale and Henderson played in the 2nd round. Lindale was up a few scores and Henderson came back to win.  I was heart broken lol

Yea Lindale was up by 3 scores at halftime and then Henderson shut them out the second half and won by a touchdown. Sad times lol

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Sounds like how last year almost went down. We hung on …. Barely. 

Yea Lindale had an awesome team in 2010. Henderson won state that year. It wouldn’t have surprised me if Lindale had hung on and won that game that they might have went all the way. 

12 minutes ago, StillALion said:

This is ridiculous.  Why should this coach get to finish the season out?  

Hey, this is who you guys were so happy to get and were sooooo happy to get rid of the last coach and soooooo happy to be going A DIFFERENT DIRECTION!!! Remember that? Well, ya got what you wanted...yall definitely going a different direction!!!! LOLOL!!!!

Just now, StillALion said:

Who was happy?  No one knew a thing about the guy.  It was obviously a horrible hire and the people who caused it to happen need to go too.  The program had stagnated and was not making progress.  A change needed to be made probably but the one that was made was really bad. 

If you were on Smoaky at the time you would know exactly who was happy...they were ecstatic, actually! Well, you got your change...