Shelbyville Dragons (3-1) at Joaquin Rams (2-1)

trueblue82

District 11AA D1 Opener  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Dragons or Rams?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:00 AM

17 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Hey, I'm only joking about 1898. Lol 

And yes coach Wallace has been a good hire. 

On the previous I won't say debacle because coach Benbo was actually always solid with the core fundamentals. 

Which is blocking and tackling. They played tough in most games and they didn't have the look of a poorly coached team. They just didn't get much going offensively. That's my humble opinion. 

I think coach Wallace and staff are doing a lot of good things, but it takes a while to get everything in place. 

I had a very successful AD tell me that it takes about 5 years to get everything going right. 

And thats everything boys and girls including Jr High. 

But yes a good hire with coach Wallace. He has his work cut out for him, but there is a lot of overall talent and support within the school and community. 

Wallace is a good one!  Give him time and SV will be a contender for the district title every year.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Go back to the 50's with Shelbyville and they had two coaches. One was Crisp and I'm not sure the other? Enmom I think? 

Then in the 60's it was Jackie Cannon and Bobbie Collins.  70,s guy Harrisson. 

There was some success.

Having to move up at times and play Newton, Woodville and kirbyville hurt a good bit! 

Starting with the 80's there has been near 15 coaches in about same amount of time.. Buddy Pearce made an impact. 

About 6 in the last 10. 

I don't blame the lack of success on any of the coaches! 

Changing circumstances,  demographics and families moving didn't help. 

There is still fire though! Plenty of spirit and talent still around! 

I wasn’t necessarily blaming anyone. Most everyone I’ve met on Dragon staffs were nice folks and some of them were among the best “students of the game” I’ve encountered. Instability in a program is not a good thing. You can look 12 miles to our west right now and see a prime example. 5 head coaches in 6 years. All of them are good men, and all good coaches. But the negative impact on the overall program is huge. We’ve had our periods with it as well, as I’m sure all small schools do from time to time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’d like to get a chance to watch these two teams ..  it’s a good chance CC will meet one of the two in the playoffs..  

we have our bye next week..  so maybe I can catch a game!

It has potential to be a good one! An old district rivalry where records can usually be tossed out. 

24 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

I agree… tougher….. Joaquin wins big at the end 

Thing is that Joaquin has been in a “man making “ offense for some time and Sville has been mostly in the wide open type. There is something to be said about slobber knocker style of football. IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I like my team having the ability to do both. 

3 hours ago, Destry said:

Thing is that Joaquin has been in a “man making “ offense for some time and Sville has been mostly in the wide open type. There is something to be said about slobber knocker style of football. IMO

The real fun part of this is getting to poke fun at my family that lives in SV, and the bat thing is if SV wins man they will rag on me for the whole year, I would do the same to them. 

• LOL! 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:40 AM, trueblue82 said:

A little good natured smack talk is welcome. But hey, if you’re skeered, say you’re skeered! Worst thing that happens is Lambo comes over and sits next to you while trying to look intimidating. 

Only way I'm intimidating anyone these days is if they think I want their nachos. 🤣🤣

On 9/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, Wolfman said:

If he still has the blonde Eminem hair I don’t see how that is intimidating 😂

First off that WAS my real hair... Second... The keyword in the last statement is WAS. I don't have hair anymore so 😛

On 9/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, Gen7Dragon said:

Ok, so the truth is I'm taking the Dragons by at least 3 touchdowns. 

And I think the Rams have gotten lucky to hold the advantage since 2000. We had it from like 1898 to the mid 90's 🤷‍♂️

Ya know... There's a reason the best player to ever play at Shelbyville has his kids going to Joaquin... JS.

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

We got a guy, But he wouldn't want me to BRAGG about him. So I won't.

I knew exactly who you were talking about. You never saw him or Tracy Bolton play. Our friend is truly one of the best Shelbyville ever had. He saw Tracy Bolton just like I did. He’s in the top 3 football players to ever play in Shelby County.