Hallsville @ Texarkana

OnTheClock

Hallsville @ Texas High  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

The Bobcats travel to Grim park to kick-off district play. The Texarkana Tigers have won 17 straight district games. This game has early DC implications and the winner should be the team to beat moving forward in district play. Can the Bobcats end the streak or will T-High make it 18?

Hallsville/Texas High always seems to be a pretty good game. Gonna go with the Tigers though. T High slowed down on O with new qb, imo still have a chance to be pretty good on that side of the ball with Oline and RBs being what they are. QB having first 2 starts at home helps for sure. 

Sophomore LB I would bet leads team in tackles so some youth but defense seems to be getting better each week...3 points given up this past week , held a good offense from colleyville to 20....T High muffed a punt which gave Benton the ball inside the 15.. turn around next drive went for it on 4th and gave them the ball inside  25, another TD was on 4th and forever.. outside of that game though and LS first half they haven’t been bad on D. 

From what I seen in the Kilgore game, Hallsville has the athletes but seems to want their QB to do all the work and once he gets slowed down it affects the whole team. I believe it was #14 for Hallsville he was giving Kilgore fits in the return game but wasn't used very much offensively which was strange.

(3-1) T-High is the obvious pick this week and very deserving due to their 17 straight district game winning streak. The current (3-1) Bobcats in last seasons game did give the Tigers a scare scoring more points than any of the 13 teams the Tigers played. Hallsville's QB passed for 310 yds in their loss to the Tigers and returns in this game. I believe the Bobcats will win this week in an upset to end the streak.   

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, OnTheClock said:

(3-1) T-High is the obvious pick this week and very deserving due to their 17 straight district game winning streak. The current (3-1) Bobcats in last seasons game did give the Tigers a scare scoring more points than any of the 13 teams the Tigers played. Hallsville's QB passed for 310 yds in their loss to the Tigers and returns in this game. I believe the Bobcats will win this week in an upset to end the streak.   

Must be a coach or a player's dad.

1 hour ago, Footballobserver said:

Must be a coach or a player's dad.

Hey, nothing wrong with being a homer...don't blame him one bit!! Remember it's high school football and anything can happen...most likely won't...but you never can tell!! Like ole' Loyd says..."So you're saying there's a chance"!!!!

download.jpg

Edited by blesseddaily

9 hours ago, OnTheClock said:

No.  Not in Texarkana.  Not going to happen.  T-High will win.

Now next week, at home, against Marshall... that's the game to watch.

Edited by ArtVandelay

Texas High 56 Hallsville  31

Hallsville offense played well. Texas High forced 3 turnovers which slowed the Bobcat attack. Hallsville’s QB is impressive as is their TE. Texas High running attack pounded Hallsville’s defense and allowed for the big plays. Congrats to the Tigers and the rest of the district will have to out score the Bobcats.

Edited by bordertown