Tyler High (1-3)(1-0) vs McKinney North (3-1)(0-1)

cujoforlife

District 7-5D1  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

Tisd needs to follow suit and make the same decision Nebraska Cornhuskers made. That goes for both schools. This is beyond me big fella.

Yep. First half was close mainly due to North.

Tyler made zero adjustments at halftime. They looked completely defeated after North got up two scores.

1 minute ago, cujoforlife said:

At least you can go back to the offense that coach rush implemented spread offense option. 

I'd go back farther than that to the Allen Wilson "pound the ground" attack using the plethora of athletes to control the clock by running the ball thereby attempting to help your defense to some extent.

It can work again in the High School game !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

I'd go back farther than that to the Allen Wilson "pound the ground" attack using the plethora of athletes to control the clock by running the ball thereby attempting to help your defense to some extent.

They can go the Pleasant Grove or go to Alvarez’s offense. Take the strain off the QB. However, it doesn’t matter if you can’t stop the run. Coach Rush had the same problem. 

Edited by cujoforlife

9 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

They don’t have the build for it imo. 

Watching tonight, North completely controlled both lines. Most of Tyler’s rushing attack was McFall scrambling.

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Watching tonight, North completely controlled both lines. Most of Tyler’s rushing attack was McFall scrambling.

They weren’t big back then either. I played back in the those days. T Tyler high has the same size guys now. I think the biggest like Tyler has had was 2018 with the line being a Ave of 270 across the board.

22 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Thank You, why do you have to throw the ball all over place, when you are not connecting. Last week we only connected on two long passes and overthrew 4or 5. we ran the ball in fourth quarter and got the W, tonight we come out throwing. 
Next week I guess I’ll get ready for the battle of the bands.lol

• Like 2

For those who haven't watched JT play this yr, trust us when we say McFall is the best option at qb.  We know he doesn't have the arm talent because outside of some time last season, he has never played qb. But he is the best option.

This game went about like I thought it would.  Coach might have to make some tough decisions after the season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Going back to the late '90's when Holmes played for Allen Wilson they were "built" much the same way as they are now... athletically speaking !

The Lions weren't loaded with great size BUT they were athletic as much as they are to this day !

I recall those times because I was actually involved in some of their radio calls with Smoak and the kids of today are probably actually as big and have decent speed to run that type of offense !

Now some Tyler (J.T.) classes/teams are better than others BUT the talent still roams the hallways at that High School !

• Like 1

If I have McFall, instead forcing him to be a QB in a wide open spread offense...

How about adjusting to the talent, leaving him at RB and designing some power run schemes for him? 

Allow McFall's presents in the backfield to open up the pass using PA and RPOs to suck defenses in...a great RB is an inexperienced QBs best friend. 

Makes no sense that a Greg Ward or Bryson Smith has to be in that locker room just for that offense to operate.

As for CUJO's defense, run defense to be exact....not sure what to say about that. But the HC is defensive minded...so.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

For those who haven't watched JT play this yr, trust us when we say McFall is the best option at qb.  We know he doesn't have the arm talent because outside of some time last season, he has never played qb. But he is the best option.

This game went about like I thought it would.  Coach might have to make some tough decisions after the season.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Like what?

I don't have a dog in the fight, but my best friend (who I coached with for 5 years) played for JT very late 90s, very early 2000s. He played on the OL and started 3 years on varsity. He told me they were very very very heavy run oriented and had similar size then as now (not your 280+ avg that every HS coach wants). I don't see why that couldn't work for this team, leaving McFall at RB and utilizing the offense you have. If you don't have a Great or Bryson, can't force someone to be they aren't. Glgl tho Cujo, y'all get it turned around, rootin' for ya.

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

If I have McFall, instead forcing him to be a QB in a wide open spread offense...

How about adjusting to the talent, leaving him at RB and designing some power run schemes for him? 

Allow McFall's presents in the backfield to open up the pass using PA and RPOs to suck defenses in...a great RB is an inexperienced QBs best friend. 

Makes no sense that a Greg Ward or Bryson Smith has to be in that locker room just for that offense to operate.

As for CUJO's defense, run defense to be exact....not sure what to say about that. But the HC is defensive minded...so.

I think they tried that early on by keeping McFall at RB/WR. But they had no choice but to put him back at qb.

I agree, you shouldn't need a all time qb to generate offense.  But, its been that way for JT recently. You saw last yr without Holt, the offense dropped from one of the best in the district to probably one of the worse.

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Like what?

re-evaluate his position coaches and coordinators.  The problem is that this team will probably be better next yr. The soph qb, who has better arm talent, should be better. McFall is back, along with most of the defense and several key pieces on offense. 

3 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but my best friend (who I coached with for 5 years) played for JT very late 90s, very early 2000s. He played on the OL and started 3 years on varsity. He told me they were very very very heavy run oriented and had similar size then as now (not your 280+ avg that every HS coach wants). I don't see why that couldn't work for this team, leaving McFall at RB and utilizing the offense you have. If you don't have a Great or Bryson, can't force someone to be they aren't. Glgl tho Cujo, y'all get it turned around, rootin' for ya.

the size isn't the problem at all. They have close to equivalent size on both lines, when compared to most 5a/6a schools.