2022 Southwest Classic

Stoney

Texas A&M vs Arkansas  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Aggies
    • Razorbacks

3-0 Arkansas takes on 2-1 Texas A&M at Jerryworld. Arkansas is averaging 37.6ppg and giving up 27ppg. Texas A&M is scoring 20.6ppg and allowing 8.6ppg. Can A&M score enough to hang with Arkansas’ high powered offense? Which defense will have a larger impact on the game? Give me a 28-24 type game.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

ESPN FPI has the Aggies at 53% chance to win and Vegas has them as a 2.5 point favorite. That’s a little surprising to me. I thought after both teams first 3 games that Arkansas would be the favorite in this one. 

Not after our game with Missouri State. I think they have this one correct. 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. 

Max is going to have to hit some big throws in this game. You have to open up the run game with Achane in this one. If Arkansas stuffs the run game, it's going to be tough for the Ags unless Johnson can come up big on some throws down the field.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Max is going to have to hit some big throws in this game. You have to open up the run game with Achane in this one. If Arkansas stuffs the run game, it's going to be tough for the Ags unless Johnson can come up big on some throws down the field.

I think that having Stewart and Marshall back will help Johnson. Those two and Ainias are the only guys on the team that get ANY separation in the passing game. And I also think you’ll see a few wrinkles that have been saved for conference play. Not many but a play or two that gets some good yardage and you’re like “that’s new.” I also expect some different blitzes. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

Arkansas has been hit hard with injuries in the secondary. They are very suspect against the pass, Johnson should be able to hit some shots downfield in this one. 

I’m not convinced A&M can hit a downfield shot against air at this point lol. 

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

41697F28-F8A1-4816-BB3F-D8862128BA0C.png0B905F3E-C796-4875-8923-20699EA391B6.png

These are the last 2 games passing charts. Chart 1 is Max and chart 2 is Haynes. It’s very pedestrian in a time of wide-open offenses.

At first glance it looks like a classic Bill Walsh/West Coast concept, which is relying on wideouts to make big YAC gains.

Which is great if you have Jerry Rice. 

Anybody listening to Jimbo’s press conferences the lat couple weeks have heard one word repeated over and over: execution. We’ve heard to so much you’d think Jimbo worked for the Texas Department of Corrections out of Huntsville. This offense has to be close to 100% execution to work. That’s crazy in the modern offense era.

• LOL! 3

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Anybody listening to Jimbo’s press conferences the lat couple weeks have heard one word repeated over and over: execution. We’ve heard to so much you’d think Jimbo worked for the Texas Department of Corrections out of Huntsville. This offense has to be close to 100% execution to work. That’s crazy in the modern offense era.

A few more lackluster offensive performances by Jumbo's aggys and the transfer portal and decommitments could become very active ....