2022 Southwest Classic

Stoney

Texas A&M vs Arkansas  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Aggies
    • Razorbacks

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He got his extension coming of a top 5 finish. Yes it was excessive, but it’s relative. They gave him an extension because other big time programs (including lsu who has the AD that hired Jimbo to A&M) we’re in hiring seasons. It was a move to stay away from our coach. I don’t hate the contract. There is not a single coach alive worth his contract but Nick Saban. Everyone else in college football is overpaid. 

I disagree with the extension.....I had a friend ask me the other day what is the best university to get a finance degree? I said stay away from CS! Look at Jimbo! He agreed 100%.

27 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I disagree with the extension.....I had a friend ask me the other day what is the best university to get a finance degree? I said stay away from CS! Look at Jimbo! He agreed 100%.

Jimbo was about to get 90 mil either way. Whether it was from A&M or LSU. A&M, coming off a top 5 finish and halfway to a best recruiting class ever, chose to be the team to offer him 90 before lsu did. I agree he’s overpaid, but do you balk at 90 coming off those results when you’re already paying 75 and let him go to LSU and then start from scratch? 

He’s not worth 90, but not a single coach alive besides Saban is. Jimbo is absolutely a top 10 HC. The problem is he’s a a bottom 10 OC. Jimbo hiring a real OC would do wonders for this team. 

Recruiting isn’t the issue with A&M. Top 10, top 5, #1 ranked classes. It’s the coaching staff. Particularly the play caller and co-OC. You gotta bring in somebody to upgrade this offense or coast on your $90m going 8-4 year in year out.

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The “right” QB is a true freshman who isn’t ready yet. But I think the real answer isn’t we have the wrong QB. The real answer we have the wrong OC. 

Max Johnson is not a good QB.  The blueprint was thrown out there for the whole world to see last season.  His arm motion is like a amateur robotics arm filmed in slow motion.  Just not good.  

Jimbo used King as his fall-guy and it’s going to cost you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Max Johnson is not a good QB.  The blueprint was thrown out there for the whole world to see last season.  His arm motion is like a amateur robotics arm filmed in slow motion.  Just not good.  

Jimbo used King as his fall-guy and it’s going to cost you.

Max is a better QB King. The problem is Jimbos scheme. Period. Arkansas I literally the LAST PLACE passing defense in the entire country. Jimbos scheme allowed for 51 yards passing in the first half. It’s on Jimbo. Max isn’t a championship caliber QB, but he’s not QB only capable of 51 yards in a half. 

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You’re a t-shirt Bama fan. Until they suck and then you’ll move on to another school. Don’t really care if you agree with it or your opinions on finance degrees. You’d kill for any degree from A&M. 😂

Edited by JohnnyFootball