🤹 2022-23 Coaching Carousel 🤹

blesseddaily

On 9/15/2022 at 11:14 AM, Red90fly said:

Patterson is 62 and his wife is a Texas grad.  He's being paid a lot of $$ from TCU for a while.  I've also seen talk that he doesn't want to deal with recruiting anymore with portal, NIL, and everything else going on now.  I think he's pretty happy what he's doing right now:  breaking down game film and game planning with no outside stress or having to deal with recruiting/media/ect.

Great post! I think  he is in a perfect place and would be crazy to even think about a job like Nebraska...I think Nebraska has become a stepping stone job for young guys to stay a while and move on to bigger and better pastures!!

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I saw Saturday that Nebraska has already contacted Urban Meyer--but I think that is a little too tough a place for him to coach at. 

Well, we know that Nebraska isn’t too much on integrity and following rules…. Who knows?!  This may work.  I seriously doubt Meyer would touch this job with a 10’ pole though.

41 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Well, we know that Nebraska isn’t too much on integrity and following rules…. Who knows?!  This may work.  I seriously doubt Meyer would touch this job with a 10’ pole though.

I don't think he will take it either, but there would be some "corn" fed Co-Eds for him there. :rofl:

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I don't think he will take it either, but there would be some "corn" fed Co-Eds for him there. :rofl:

I’d say 99% chance he passes on the job.  $10M/year would be the salary they’d need to land him….with a guaranteed 8-10 years

Edited by DB2point0

15 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

You can add Herm Edwards to that list of people who are looking for work--maybe Nebraska Calls him? :rofl:

You could do a lot worse. Herm gives you NFL experience and a reputation of being an old school hardass who like physical play. 

Granted, they still probably won't win much, but you could do a helluva lot worse. 

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, DB2point0 said:

I’m going to throw this out there.  Would Tom Herman fit at Nebraska?  

I was thinking this.  I don't think Herman is a bad coach.  He has his flaws, which got him the boot at Texas, but I actually think he's a pretty sharp mind.  He can definitely get a team motivated as an underdog, he never got blown out while at Texas, and his teams rarely ever got pushed around.  He played down to the competition to much and made to many bad hires.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I would call Mark Stoops first if I was Nebraska. When he says "No" then I would start looking to steal one of the guys from a Big 12 school in my region.

it feels like it has taken 10 years to build what he has at Kentucky.  Do you think Nebraska would have that much patience?

54 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

it feels like it has taken 10 years to build what he has at Kentucky.  Do you think Nebraska would have that much patience?

At this point they are going to have to be. This is no quick fix. It might take 5-7 years.

But he will say no anyways.

• Like 1