šŸ¤¹ 2022-23 Coaching Carousel šŸ¤¹

blesseddaily

As far as Liberty and Coastal Carolina, CUSA might have a little more prestige than Sunbelt. You do have to deal with Ian McCaw for what thatā€™s worth. I donā€™t know. You hear some things that Chadwell may be a little too ā€œSouthernā€ for some places.Ā 

22 hours ago, Valhalla said:

The real question is what job do you think Traylor would leave UTSA for besides like obvious no brainers.

Could Houston lure him away?

What about Oklahoma State if it came open?

I thought Traylor already put it out there that he wanted to build something at UTSA. I don't see him as the type to lead people on.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Baron said:

I thought Traylor already put it out there that he wanted to build something at UTSA. I don't see him as the type to lead people on.Ā 

The man stayed at Gilmer when other programs came calling until he was ready to make the move up. I could see that being how he handles UTSA. Build the program and if the right offer comes along take it.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, Valhalla said:

Ā 

How much did Texas Tech really pursue him last offseason did he actually tell them no?

I think Jeff had the Tech job if he wanted it, but didn't see that as a long term winning option. Tech seems like a school he could have a good record at, but everything in the world would have to break right to get a championship chance.

Now that being said, my only issue with him being at UTSA is that without them making a huge jump into like the Big 12 then he's just doing the same...winning big at a little spot...his opportunity to truly shine won't be there. I do think Houston would be a interesting spot...with them coming back into the Big 12. He'd recruit like a monster and UH wants to be a champion...much harder to be overlooked that out in Lubbock.Ā 

14 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

@StoneyĀ @ValhallaĀ it's real and I'm shocked the administration made a move. Who knows what happens next? A change was definitely needed. Seth is a good dude. I met him a couple of times and he was always nice to me. I wish him nothing but the best.

Itā€™s ALL about $$$ and winning. If I may use the term ā€œjerksā€ keep their jobs and good dudes lose theirs. Thatā€™s just how it is.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

I think Jeff had the Tech job if he wanted it, but didn't see that as a long term winning option. Tech seems like a school he could have a good record at, but everything in the world would have to break right to get a championship chance.

Now that being said, my only issue with him being at UTSA is that without them making a huge jump into like the Big 12 then he's just doing the same...winning big at a little spot...his opportunity to truly shine won't be there. I do think Houston would be a interesting spot...with them coming back into the Big 12. He'd recruit like a monster and UH wants to be a champion...much harder to be overlooked that out in Lubbock.Ā 

As long as he can sustain 8-10 wins at UTSA, the opportunities will keep flying his way until he gets the one that he wants, or the one that will set him financially for life...Ā  I like him at a Texas school... I could also see him breaking for one of the 2 Oklahoma schools or LSU.Ā  I believe being close to Texas is important for his success with recruiting.Ā