Biden: 'The pandemic is over'

Monte1076

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Amen!  Talk about ridiculous mumbling.  Obvious he was backed into a corner.  When your only comeback is ridiculous mumbling, you’ve lost.  And really RF1, it shouldn’t be but obviously it is rocket science for some.  When you don’t know that the price of fossil fuels is the leading factor in our inflation, and you want to forget that he started it all his first day with nixing the pipeline, you’ve been completely blinded by insane far left politics.  How they get this blind allegiance out of their folks, turning people into sheep, is the part that’s so fascinating and inexplicable to me.

Larry's @BarryLavertynews information pipeline has a libtard truth filter on it .... he actually believes the nonsense he posts  because he never reads/hears anything remotely close to the truth until he gets on Smoaky.com .....  tru storie  ....  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's just not in line with ANY reality. 

Here's your freaking reality--Day 1 Executive Orders-several of which have been or are in court because they are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

So a country that was ENERGY INDEPENDENT on January 20, 2021, is now energy dependent because this idiot thinks that he can save the world by costing Americans more money. 

You really are living--as Kirt would say--"in the twilight zone". 

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/interactive_biden-first-day-executive-orders/

Order #7

Revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline and cancel other Trump administration energy rules

Biden revoked the presidential permit for the $8 billion Keystone XL pipeline that would have transported fossil fuels from Canada across the United States -- a project climate activists have protested for years. The order also directs federal agencies to start reversing and revising other Trump administration rules, including restoring protections and banning drilling in several national parks and national monuments and setting stricter emissions and fuel economy standards for vehicles.

Order #12

Cancel the Trump administration’s interior enforcement rule

Biden revoked a Trump executive order that massively expanded immigration officials’ interior enforcement work and broadened the categories of who they should try to detain and deport. His acting DHS secretary then issued a memo pausing deportations for 100 days beginning on Jan. 22.

Order #13

Halt construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall

Biden declared an immediate termination of the national emergency declaration that the Trump administration used to divert federal funding to building the U.S.-Mexico border wall, and ordered a pause on its construction while the new administration reviews the funding and contracts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Here's your freaking reality--Day 1 Executive Orders-several of which have been or are in court because they are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

So a country that was ENERGY INDEPENDENT on January 20, 2021, is now energy dependent because this idiot thinks that he can save the world by costing Americans more money. 

You really are living--as Kirt would say--"in the twilight zone". 

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/interactive_biden-first-day-executive-orders/

Order #7

Revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline and cancel other Trump administration energy rules

Biden revoked the presidential permit for the $8 billion Keystone XL pipeline that would have transported fossil fuels from Canada across the United States -- a project climate activists have protested for years. The order also directs federal agencies to start reversing and revising other Trump administration rules, including restoring protections and banning drilling in several national parks and national monuments and setting stricter emissions and fuel economy standards for vehicles.

Order #12

Cancel the Trump administration’s interior enforcement rule

Biden revoked a Trump executive order that massively expanded immigration officials’ interior enforcement work and broadened the categories of who they should try to detain and deport. His acting DHS secretary then issued a memo pausing deportations for 100 days beginning on Jan. 22.

Order #13

Halt construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall

Biden declared an immediate termination of the national emergency declaration that the Trump administration used to divert federal funding to building the U.S.-Mexico border wall, and ordered a pause on its construction while the new administration reviews the funding and contracts.

So, that pipeline being stopped caused gas prices to go up? Not in line with reality, in any way, shape or form. 

• Roll Eyes 1

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

So, that pipeline being stopped caused gas prices to go up? Not in line with reality, in any way, shape or form. 

Did you read the executive order, not only did it stop the pipeline, which cost the country thousands of jobs, but it also 

"including restoring protections and banning drilling in several national parks and national monuments and setting stricter emissions and fuel economy standards for vehicles."

All of these things added together helped bring about the inflation. But that must not be reality for those in the "twilight zone". 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Snopes or Politifact? ... 🤣

An example of how these folks soak up 🐂💩 like a sponge with water.  I can’t comprehend it but he’s an individual example of it happening.  It’s unbelievable.  Are our educational institutions teaching people not to think for themselves?  I’m serious, I’m at a loss to understand, so if you can explain it, please do.  Are folks losing individual thought like they’ve lost common sense?  

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

An example of how these folks soak up 🐂💩 like a sponge with water.  I can’t comprehend it but he’s an individual example of it happening.  It’s unbelievable.  Are our educational institutions teaching people not to think for themselves?  I’m serious, I’m at a loss to understand, so if you can explain it, please do.  Are folks losing individual thought like they’ve lost common sense?  

Yes, and it is a number of things that contribute to this situation, IMHO.

1. We have now raised a generation with a screen in their hands from the time they can hold one. It is simply easier to give a kid a screen and keep them entertained than to actually take care of a kid. I know that I have done that some, but at the same time, we didn't have the money to afford all the screens when they were little that we can use now. For our oldest daughter, we placed her in her swing, in front of the fish aquarium and she was happy watching them for hours. LOL. 

2. We are in our second generation of people that listen to sound bites on the news, instead of each of us reading and interpreting each problem. A 30 second sound bite is easier to get mad at, than actually finding out the root of the problem, which use to have research by journalist, but today, it's all about opinions. 

3. Politicians don't allow teachers to teach skills, everyone has to teach a kid how to take a test, because that is what politicians want grade schools on. To push their voucher system, so that those that have, can keep more of their money, while vouchers NEVER help those it was inclined to help. Just the rich getting richer. Don't believe me, follow the money trail for testing. $565 million dollars a year in Texas. 2 Border walls could be built with that money. 

4. Soccer Trophies--when everyone started getting a trophy for participating, our need for competition in many aspects of our lives went away--now instead of competing for jobs, we allow the government to take care of us, with welfare and disability checks. 

5. But most all, common sense is something you must be born with. I have 2 wonderful and sweet daughters, but they have the common sense of a penny. I love them dearly, but they are driving me crazy, can't think for themselves with their phones, can't get anywhere without their phones, can't eat, sleep, or whatever without their phones. A little common sense and they could rule the world. I just shake my head at them. It's like, daddy, my car needs work--call, and take it to the mechanic. "you mean I have to call"--Yes, it's your car!!. 

Again, Just My Honest Opinion on our Societal woes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Yes, and it is a number of things that contribute to this situation, IMHO.

1. We have now raised a generation with a screen in their hands from the time they can hold one. It is simply easier to give a kid a screen and keep them entertained than to actually take care of a kid. I know that I have done that some, but at the same time, we didn't have the money to afford all the screens when they were little that we can use now. For our oldest daughter, we placed her in her swing, in front of the fish aquarium and she was happy watching them for hours. LOL. 

2. We are in our second generation of people that listen to sound bites on the news, instead of each of us reading and interpreting each problem. A 30 second sound bite is easier to get mad at, than actually finding out the root of the problem, which use to have research by journalist, but today, it's all about opinions. 

3. Politicians don't allow teachers to teach skills, everyone has to teach a kid how to take a test, because that is what politicians want grade schools on. To push their voucher system, so that those that have, can keep more of their money, while vouchers NEVER help those it was inclined to help. Just the rich getting richer. Don't believe me, follow the money trail for testing. $565 million dollars a year in Texas. 2 Border walls could be built with that money. 

4. Soccer Trophies--when everyone started getting a trophy for participating, our need for competition in many aspects of our lives went away--now instead of competing for jobs, we allow the government to take care of us, with welfare and disability checks. 

5. But most all, common sense is something you must be born with. I have 2 wonderful and sweet daughters, but they have the common sense of a penny. I love them dearly, but they are driving me crazy, can't think for themselves with their phones, can't get anywhere without their phones, can't eat, sleep, or whatever without their phones. A little common sense and they could rule the world. I just shake my head at them. It's like, daddy, my car needs work--call, and take it to the mechanic. "you mean I have to call"--Yes, it's your car!!. 

Again, Just My Honest Opinion on our Societal woes. 

Pretty insightful and based on real life experience.  And I suppose “living on the screen” has made many believe that if it’s on the screen, it’s bound to be true.  Even older people are duped into that thought.  Makes me want to beat my head on the wall.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Until Biden stops the mandated vaccinations they do have to continue them.  President Biden has to rescind the order. 

I thought the left was following the Science :  Is the COVID-19 pandemic really 'over'? Experts weigh in (aol.com) .  I'll just say this much, the chances of dying from the virus are still out there.  Take your own precautions.  If you contract it, you could die just as with the flu.  Get your exercise, go outside and get your Vitamin D, wash your hands, and if you have a feeling you're sick call off from work.  If you're willing to take chances, go ahead, but don't push your beliefs on others that might still wear a mask or whatever they do to remain virus free.  

On 9/20/2022 at 10:50 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Until Biden stops the mandated vaccinations they do have to continue them.  President Biden has to rescind the order. 

I thought the left was following the Science :  Is the COVID-19 pandemic really 'over'? Experts weigh in (aol.com) .  I'll just say this much, the chances of dying from the virus are still out there.  Take your own precautions.  If you contract it, you could die just as with the flu.  Get your exercise, go outside and get your Vitamin D, wash your hands, and if you have a feeling you're sick call off from work.  If you're willing to take chances, go ahead, but don't push your beliefs on others that might still wear a mask or whatever they do to remain virus free.  

Unconstitutional bs. I don’t know where or how they came up with executive orders but they are unconstitutional, congress writes the laws, the president signs or vetoes the laws and the Supreme Court determines the constitutionality of the law and nothing supersedes the Constitution 

36 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Unconstitutional bs. I don’t know where or how they came up with executive orders but they are unconstitutional, congress writes the laws, the president signs or vetoes the laws and the Supreme Court determines the constitutionality of the law and nothing supersedes the Constitution 

Because the purpose of Executive Orders has changed. AFAIK they aren't designed for the President to unilaterally "make" or "suspend" law. They're designed to clarify existing law.

6 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Well they aren’t clarifying any law as far as I can tell

Here we go:

Q: What is an Executive Order?

A: Executive orders are issued by the President of the United States, acting in his capacity as head of the executive branch, directing a federal official or administrative agency to engage in a course of action or refrain from a course of action. They are enforceable to the extent that the represent a valid exercise of the President’s power (i.e. the action must be within the president’s constitutional authority).

Emphasis mine.