Fed goes big again with third-straight 75-basis-point rate hike

Monte1076

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

You can transfer money between qualified accounts as long is it's done the right way and you never take posession of it yourself. There is a procedure for it, but be careful ... I did it after I retired for the 2nd time ....

I’m just talking about funds/ETF’s/money markets in the individual 401k account.  There’s no penalty for moving money around funds.

Dont just sit there and lose you rump, move the money into something safer and weather the storm.  

Edited by DB2point0

5 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

They all seem to be Fidelity.

So fidelity is the administrator that hosts your account.  We were with them before our company opted for someone else.  I liked fidelity.  They had several BkavkRock retirement age based funds, blue chip, mid cap and small cap funds.  They also had value funds, international funds, money market, bond funds and our company stock fund.  I bet your account is constructed similarly.  

9 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Borrowing money at low interest rates does not cause inflation, it creates economic growth.   Idiots in power printing money in order to buy votes from stupid people causes inflation.  

Your half right.  Printing money does cause inflation.  So does low interest rates.  It was so low the last dozen years that it was almost free money given away by the banks.  That drove up prices in the housing , stock market and other things.

Just now, BlahBlah said:

Both parties.  Interest rates were low to combat The Great Recession.  The recession has been over for over a decade.  The Feds never raised the interest rates back up.  

Wrong, ignorant, or a willful lie.....try again......WHO flooded the economy with free money.......

56 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Your half right.  Printing money does cause inflation.  So does low interest rates.  It was so low the last dozen years that it was almost free money given away by the banks.  That drove up prices in the housing , stock market and other things.

Low interest rates in a growing, healthy economy is a good thing and it doesn’t cause inflation .... it wasn’t until the dimturds started all their reckless government stimulus handouts flooding the markets with phony money and government spending that inflation started rising out of control. If the federal government would stay out of it and let the free markets correct itself, out of control inflation wouldn't happen.  Now through more government heavy handedness the FED is jacking up interest rates trying to fix something their reckless intervention in the makets caused in the first place .... The federal government needs to stop trying to fix it and let the free markets work ....

• SMH 1

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

Nope. Government meddling is the ONLY thing that causes inflation

• Thanks 1
  • SMH 1