Argyle(4-0) vs Frisco Memorial(1-3) at the Star in Frisco Thurs. @ 7 pm

regaleagle

The first meeting between these two teams and the first district game of the season tonight at the Star in Frisco.  There will be a webcam if you would like to watch Argyle in action. Kickoff will be 7 pm.  Naturally Argyle is heavily favored, but football is football.....esp. at the high school level.  You just never can tell what might occur on a given night.

Middle Linebacker Grant Mirabal has forgone other scholarship offers and chosen his preferred university to be a PWO (preferred walk-on) at Oklahoma State University.  He gave his verbal commitment earlier this week.  Sounds like he's made up his mind and now just wants to play with a clear head the rest of the season.  This is his 3rd season as a starter for the Eagles.  Can't believe they did not offer him a full scholarship.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'm really not talking to myself......I'm giving information to some of the interested viewers that may want to know about this week's contest since Argyle is a perennial contender every season.

Thank you for sharing the information sir. 

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Thank you for sharing the information sir. 

You are very welcome.  It's not easy to be the sole poster from a team on this East Texas football site.  I've been here a looong time.....Argyle has played lots of East Texas teams over the years.  I've learned alot over the years about teams around Texas from being an active viewer and poster on this site.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You are very welcome.  It's not easy to be the sole poster from a team on this East Texas football site.  I've been here a looong time.....Argyle has played lots of East Texas teams over the years.  I've learned alot over the years about teams around Texas from being an active viewer and poster on this site.  

There used to be a few of you, right?

Not to my knowledge......waaay back when 4A was 3A and we played against Gilmer and Carthage in those Region 2 playoff games there were a few.  But most are long gone from Argyle now......they tend to move on after their kids are gone.....or they just don't post about football anymore because their kids are long gone from high school.

No "newbies" on the scene for Argyle posting about the team on this site in the last decade as far as I can remember.  A few from Celina, Paris, and Melissa......that's about it.  Not even from Decatur all those years. The Metroplex never developed a high school football site for posting.....I think that's the main reason there are not more posters on this site from the Metroplex.  They don't know what they are missing.

• Thanks 1

Argyle has mainly depended on its gashing running game so far this season with RJ Bunnell(646 yds) and Landon Ferris(433 yds) leading the way for over 1350 yds rushing so far.  The passing game has not really been fully developed yet, or needed so far.....with only about 650 yds passing in the first 4 games.  I'd like to see Argyle continue to develop that part of the offense tonight for a more balanced attack.  The qb's for Argyle have a collective dismal completion percentage below 50%......most of that attributable to using 2 main qb's every game and trading off almost every series or two.  It doesn't benefit the passing game for sure.

Edited by regaleagle

300 yds passing and 250 rushing would be a pleasant surprise tonight......and numbers more slanted toward a "balanced" offense when you already know your running game is very dependable.  But quite frankly, I'd just love to see at least 200+ yds passing tonight regardless of the rushing totals.

Actually......Lake Dallas, Frisco Independence, Frisco Emerson, and Argyle are ALL still undefeated and ALL stand (4-0) at this point in the season.  Maybe you don't have a very high regard for some of these teams, but all of them did manage to win 4 games so far against zero losses.  That's saying something......even IF they are not considered to be a tough opponent for Argyle.  Maybe one of them is......we just don't know yet.

• Like 1