Federal Bus Driving Law and Coaches ( especially Small schools)

Slickarick

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

It would be "until" they performed an audit. At that point it would be crystal clear. They would only need to pull payroll records and compare to Elog records. The MC and individual would then enter into "fraud" or "intentional deception" of federal motor carrier records. 

Yeah i agree but they woild have to do that for every school in the state at leaset 4A down

17 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Yeah i agree but they woild have to do that for every school in the state at leaset 4A down

Thus Why I think the DOT or FMSCA look the other way because of the impact this would have state wide. I'm sure other states would have issues too. Even ones with other jobs that drive. Those other jobs are on duty time.

Well dot needs to step up and stop harrasing us with stuff over every little thing but let this slide heck we had one pull over do lvl 1 check could not find anything so he decided to write us a ticket for our stickers saying that they had to be white lol they were bright blue on a black truck  this truck is 8 years old that has had same stickers with no complaints until this stop

Edited by bansheefan03

54 minutes ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

This thread is about a problem where there is no problem. School shooting have caused more injuries and deaths than coaches driving buses. Heck, Covid killed more students than tired coaches driving buses. 

The Problem is in almost every small 4A down there are breaking Federal Law. If they fall asleep at the wheel god forbid they can loose there license and lively hood. All because the school wont shell out a few bucks for a driver. And the overall shortage of bus drivers makes this even harder. 

21 hours ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

This thread is about a problem where there is no problem. School shooting have caused more injuries and deaths than coaches driving buses. Heck, Covid killed more students than tired coaches driving buses. 

It just takes one tired Coach running into an embankment killing 20 students to raise the awareness to the issue. Most larger schools hire buses to transport varsity football teams. It is sub varsity on other sports where coaches are expected to drive. From what I have read, school buses kill approximately 120 annually of which approximately 30% are school age. 

• Like 1