Nacogdoches @ Pine Tree

nacdragon07

Nacogdoches @ Pine Tree  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Nac got their first win of the season against a previously undefeated Whitehouse team. Now we look to go

2-0 as we travel to Pine Tree to take on the Pirates who lost to their district opener to Marshall. I’m not sure what’s going on with the Pirates but hopefully we can come out 2-0 

• Like 2

Nac should win this. 

Pirates have a running back that can be explosive (Robinson I believe).  If Nac can contain him….. your chances are good.  But he can break one loose in a hurry. 

PTs passing game is shaky.  Their WRs struggle to catch some great passes.  I think the Pirates are rotating two QBs too. 

PT stacked in box and dared us to throw the ball.  We struggled at times with all the bodies in the middle… but we wore them down in the second half. 

Nac should be 2-0 next week.  And that’s really REALLY big. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mavchamp said:

Nac should win this. 

They have a running back that can be explosive (Robinson I believe).  If Nac can contain him….. your chances are good.  But he can break one loose in a hurry. 

PTs passing game is shaky.  Their WRs struggle to catch some great passes.  I think the Pirates are rotating two QBs too. 

PT stacked in box and dared us to throw the ball.  We struggled at times with all the bodies in the middle… but we wore them down in the second half. 

Nac should be 2-0 next week.  And that’s really REALLY big. 

Whitehouse did the same they were up on the line of scrimmage and we still ran the ball successfully. Forced turnovers the only thing is we didn’t score off of them except one time. We left at least 14 points on the field. 

Nac (1-0) and Pine Tree (0-1) hook up on Friday in Longview.

Pine Tree coming off a loss to Marshall 36-7

Nac coming off a homecoming win over previously unbeaten Whitehouse 34-23-Nac Scored 14 Points and took a safety in the last 2 minutes of the game. 

Nac found a consistent bruising running game, played great defense and didn't turn the ball over, while forcing 5 turnovers. 

Nac has a 25-8 record all time against the Pirates, but Pine Tree has won 3 straight.

• Like 1

The Rb from PT is a Marshall transfer. Jackie Robinsons kid. If Marshall can start hanging on to our own kids we'd be in good shape. Most of what we've lost are making impacts at other locations. PT, Hallsville, Henderson Carthage( about 4). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mav01 said:

The Rb from PT is a Marshall transfer. Jackie Robinsons kid. If Marshall can start hanging on to our own kids we'd be in good shape. Most of what we've lost are making impacts at other locations. PT, Hallsville, Henderson Carthage( about 4). 

Jackie Robinson was a load in high school. I played against him 

On 9/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, Nacwagons said:

Nac has a 25-8 record all time against the Pirates, but Pine Tree has won 3 straight.

Dang, no slight to Nac but that's pretty awful to have a record like that against the Dragons.

Nac should win this one.

What a HUGE win for NAC last week. Amazing what happens when things come together, a good game plan, and the other team's disrespect. WH had been rolling, Didn't see that coming. Still, PT can play, they just make mistakes at the wrong time. Kilgore only beat then 20-14. Maybe NAC is on a roll . . . I'll go with NAC though.

Good for Nac. I am still happy they beat WH. When you are overconfident thats what happens WH. As for us, we are not that great. Our RB is very skilled but he has to create largely on his own and with poor line play. We have some dumb penalties too. I say Nac wins but will be close than people may think. 

28-7 PT at the half.

so Nac has gone back to the offense and the QB that led them to an 0-4 non-district record.

tunovers on our side of the 50 and penalties keeping pine tree drives alive after they were stopped.

Pine Tree is running well and has thrown to 1 WR so far. Nacs defense has spent a lot time on the field thanks to the turnover and kickoff that we decided to let bounce around the field.

horrible response for the dragons after a great win last week. Nac gets the ball to start the second half so we will se quickly if this gets out of hand it Nac can get back in it.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

28-7 PT at the half.

so Nac has gone back to the offense and the QB that led them to an 0-4 non-district record.

tunovers on our side of the 50 and penalties keeping pine tree drives alive after they were stopped.

Pine Tree is running well and has thrown to 1 WR so far. Nacs defense has spent a lot time on the field thanks to the turnover and kickoff that we decided to let bounce around the field.

horrible response for the dragons after a great win last week. Nac gets the ball to start the second half so we will se quickly if this gets out of hand it Nac can get back in it.

Welp it got out of hand 

Happy for my Pirates. A great game and we were multiple in how we attacked on offense and did a great job defensively. Great energy at Pirate Stadium and our boys came out swinging and clearly wanted the game. Whatever happened in the locker room and practice this last week created a great gameplan and motivated Pirates. We are not out of the Pines yet. We still have WH and have to go to the wasteland that is WH. They will home cook and play hard. We must be ready. A win there gets us in the drivers seat for a playoff birth and puts WH in the dog house. I am calling a loss to Hallsville and Texas High. This puts us in I believe fourth. We may be out of the cellar!