Jax @ kilgore

Jets

Jacksonville @ Kilgore   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Went and watched JVille last night. Scrappy bunch of kids. Fast on the ball. If you don’t put them away early they will hang around and give you a ball game.  They throw the ball more then they run. Defense is not very good but ok. They are young with a new coach. He got the kids playing hard. Kilgore defense will be the difference maker.

• Like 1

All I have to judge Jacksonville on is their Maxpreps scores to date... and based on that I think a lot of folks are underestimating them. They beat Pine Tree (in PT) by a wider margin than Kilgore beat them at home. They comfortably beat an Athens team that by most accounts is "not bad". And they only lost by 5 to a very good Crandall team who throttled Kaufman who beat Lindale.... who we know is really good. I don't think anybody in this district can write Jacksonville off as a W at this point.

• Like 4

As for Kilgore.... the defense has played well the last few weeks. 11 PPG allowed over the last 3 weeks and both PT and H'ville scored TD's on the last play of the game or it would be 7 PPG allowed. Shutout Palestine even though they had several possessions in our red zone. D-line is very strong and the guys behind them can close in a hurry. 

Kilgore offense has been up and down. Running game has popped a lot of big runs, but they've also been stymied a lot.. not much in between. We have a nice stable of speedy receivers and when the QB is on, he can light it up. When he's not on, we have to lean on the aformentioned defense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

All I have to judge Jacksonville on is their Maxpreps scores to date... and based on that I think a lot of folks are underestimating them. They beat Pine Tree (in PT) by a wider margin than Kilgore beat them at home. They comfortably beat an Athens team that by most accounts is "not bad". And they only lost by 5 to a very good Crandall team who throttled Kaufman who beat Lindale.... who we know is really good. I don't think anybody in this district can write Jacksonville off as a W at this point.

100% agree. I see them only getting better. 

• Like 2

Jacksonville looks really good getting off the bus.  They've got some big time athletes, especially at WR.  When I saw them early in the season it was hard to understand why they couldn't play any better than they did with the athletes they had.  Their QB has a tendency to throw it up for grabs if he's pressured, but if he has time they have the potential for some big time plays with the WR's they have.

I know they've got a new coach so maybe it just took them a few weeks to get things together and get on the right track.  They've won two in a row now and may be gaining some confidence, which can do wonders for a team that hasn't won much in the past.  I wouldn't underestimate them, but I would still be surprised if they were able to beat Kilgore.

Edited by ArtVandelay

15 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Jax was beating pine tree 31-7 at one time in the game

• Like 1

what Jacksonville did against PT vs what Kilgore did against PT means absolutely nothing...it's about matchups and how the game plays out on that particular day...heck, Kilgore missed 2 FG's and an XP against PT or that game would have been 27-7 before the final hailmary TD for PT...also, last year PT beat Kilgore 42-27 and Lindale beat PT 31-29...did that matter at all when Kilgore played Lindale..???..I'm not saying Jacksonville cant beat Kilgore but some who predict it based off that is crazy...

Edited by kdogs00

I know Jacksonville has gotten better and will continue to get better...but, in my honest opinion I really don't think this game is close...maybe similar to the Hallsville game final score...Kilgore's defense at times is really really good and there has only been 2 teams score over 30 pts on it and that's Carthage and Gilmer...no disrespect to Jacksonville but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jacksonville is nowhere near that caliber...JMO!!...again, not saying Jacksonville can't win just think as long as Kilgore continues to get better and doesn't turn the ball over they will be too much for Jacksonville in the end....on a side note, Kilgore D is playing really good here lately and the offense has moments where they looked explosive but hasn't quiet put it all together yet...but, when they do somebody is going to be in a bind....will it be this week..??....guess we will see

Edited by kdogs00