Jax @ kilgore

Jets

Jacksonville @ Kilgore   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree it's hard to look at "who beat who and by how much" to predict anything. That usually doesn't work well.

What I do know (and most have said so on this thread) is Jacksonville has improved. There is no doubt about that. What I see up close and personal is more confidence and trust in the coaches and in each other.

Kilgore is really talented . . .  yikes!. But I don't see them being any more talented than 5A Crandall, who JAX lost to 42-37 and JAX driving in for the go ahead score in the 4th when they lost a 75 yard scoop-and-score. But there I go again . . . you can't do that who-beat-who thing. It's all about match ups. It's about who executes, who has the least turnovers, did the QB's girlfriend break up with him on Friday morning :)what game plan each unit coach has put together for their specific unit to attack the other's weaknesses, etc... Too many data points to just go by who-played-who. By the way, does anyone have the phone number of VanZandt's girlfriend? Asking for a friend.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

This was an absolute massacre. I thought Jacksonville would be a worthy opponent coming in with the momentum of two good wins in a row. I was dead wrong. Kilgore dominated them on both sides of the ball. To the point that it was almost uncomfortable to watch. J'ville had 20 rushes for 27 yds in the game. 1 first down in the 2nd half. 

18 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

This was an absolute massacre. I thought Jacksonville would be a worthy opponent coming in with the momentum of two good wins in a row. I was dead wrong. Kilgore dominated them on both sides of the ball. To the point that it was almost uncomfortable to watch. J'ville had 20 rushes for 27 yds in the game. 1 first down in the 2nd half. 

Before the games one of the Kilgore training staff that wasn't here the last time when Jax was in our district commented how big and athletic they looked. I really expected a much closer game.

37 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Before the games one of the Kilgore training staff that wasn't here the last time when Jax was in our district commented how big and athletic they looked. I really expected a much closer game.

That’s kind of what I was saying earlier, they look really good getting off the bus. Something’s not right there. They should be more competitive with the kids they have. Can’t say it’s the coaching cause they’ve got a new coach this year, but same results. 

• Like 1