Week 7 - Atlanta @ Sabine

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta at Sabine  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes 1-0 in district play?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

I just have to look at who y'all have beaten.

Which is every team we've played but 1, and put ourselves in position to win that game more than once. If we could kick a 25 yard field goal, we'd be 5-0. 

Edited by H3llR4z0r

44 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Was Episcopal really winning 44-0 at the end of the 1st quarter? 

41-0. 28 points direct results from turnovers. 44-0 at half. They had 266 yards total offense at half. We gave them a short field all night. We played the worst game of the season Saturday night. That team would beat any team on our schedule with ease. They reminded me of those early 2000’s Gilmer teams that made it look easy on offense. 
We never should have played this team, but it is what it is. Neither team is better from that game. Our second possession we drove down to the goalline and went for it on 4th down and they stuffed it. From there we couldn’t get anything going. 

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

41-0. 28 points direct results from turnovers. 44-0 at half. They had 266 yards total offense at half. We gave them a short field all night. We played the worst game of the season Saturday night. That team would beat any team on our schedule with ease. They reminded me of those early 2000’s Gilmer teams that made it look easy on offense. 
We never should have played this team, but it is what it is. Neither team is better from that game. Our second possession we drove down to the goalline and went for it on 4th down and they stuffed it. From there we couldn’t get anything going. 

That's wild. 

3 hours ago, NewtonBaller said:

LE is a good loss, but you don't have any good wins.

To be fair, I think Brook Hill is better than people are giving them credit for. I think they were beating WO like 38-14 at half, not that White Oak is a powerhouse, just saying in comparison. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

To be fair, I think Brook Hill is better than people are giving them credit for. I think they were beating WO like 38-14 at half, not that White Oak is a powerhouse, just saying in comparison. 

Dallas Episcopal beat a team 23-7 that beat Brook Hill 61-21.

• LOL! 1

Not sure why we (Brook Hill) are being talked about on this thread, but as someone who just saw them in person, Atlanta is going to get a playoff spot. Don't have to sit and talk about maybe this or maybe that.

That defense is tough to handle and they are so stinking fast.

Edited by uniballer

1 hour ago, uniballer said:

Not sure why we (Brook Hill) are being talked about on this thread, but as someone who just saw them in person, Atlanta is going to get a playoff spot. Don't have to sit and talk about maybe this or maybe that.

I think they're a playoff team. Just hard to tell how good they are because of the low level of competition they've played. 

Edited by Eagle8

7 hours ago, uniballer said:

Just because everyone loves to hate on Atlanta. Lol.   It was said Brookhill wasn’t any good. Which is very far from the truth. So now that we won people are trying to discredit our win.  

17 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Just because everyone loves to hate on Atlanta. Lol.   It was said Brookhill wasn’t any good. Which is very far from the truth. So now that we won people are trying to discredit our win.  

Hate on Atlanta? Atlanta is one of the last programs I'd hate on. Always had a lot of respect for Atlanta. With that being said.....Brook Hill is no powerhouse, decent but not near what some of us played. It is what it is.....yall played a weak non-district....nothing wrong with it. Just hard to guage yall because of it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

ALL I'M SAYING IS - I had a big long post written out. Brook Hill is better than average. Very well-coached and hard playing group of kids. Think what you want, but our coach and boys had to dig deep to figure out how to stop them and find a way to win. Big steps for a team that's delt with what ours has. 

WE COMING SABINE !