EF 1-4 Dist 1-0 @ Waskom 2-2 Dist 1-0

Wild74

EF at Waskom  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom 39 Wins EF 38 Wins 3 ties

This poll is closed to new votes

EF finally played as a team last night and for 4 Qtrs and come away with a much needed win.  Now I realize it was QC but EF played fast and with a confidence they haven’t shown this year if they can repeat that I think it can be a good game.  I just tired of playing this Game in Waskom seems like the 4th time in 5 yrs we have played in Waskom. 

10 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

When the EF coach was hired he was told that he has to beat Waskom. I’m just wondering what the consequences are going to be when he loses. 

Not sure but it’s a good thing he won’t have to find out this year! Go Jackets!! 

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

That QC got you boys on a high. 

Lol maybe but it was just good to see the team we been seeing in spurts finally put it together from start to finish.  I more excited about EF execution on both sides of the ball than I was with the win.  

• Like 1

Ef is really young. I figure waskom is pretty young as well. But if you only beat new diana by 21. Ef is a lot better than ND.  So we have a shot!! If we win this year. We might win the next 3-4 years in a row. I like Coach Crow. Kids are excited and playing hard. All of that matters. Go EF 

1 hour ago, Ijustwatch said:

Ef is really young. I figure waskom is pretty young as well. But if you only beat new diana by 21. Ef is a lot better than ND.  So we have a shot!! If we win this year. We might win the next 3-4 years in a row. I like Coach Crow. Kids are excited and playing hard. All of that matters. Go EF 

Waskom has 18 seniors so they are not young but they are very inexperienced on offense and it has shown early on. New Diana is not nearly as bad as last years team and Waskom is not nearly as good as last years team so the score was pretty predictable. I watch EF games against Queen City and it was a good game for them as QC is a team if you are struggling can give you a little confidence and EF gained that confidence from that game. I look for the Waskom/EF game to be a good one might even be close. The next four years might be interesting because Waskom has a very solid and high scoring JV team we will see how the JV teams do against each other Thursday that might be a barometer to the next 4 years. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. 

25 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Waskom has 18 seniors so they are not young but they are very inexperienced on offense and it has shown early on. New Diana is not nearly as bad as last years team and Waskom is not nearly as good as last years team so the score was pretty predictable. I watch EF games against Queen City and it was a good game for them as QC is a team if you are struggling can give you a little confidence and EF gained that confidence from that game. I look for the Waskom/EF game to be a good one might even be close. The next four years might be interesting because Waskom has a very solid and high scoring JV team we will see how the JV teams do against each other Thursday that might be a barometer to the next 4 years. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. 

Hard to compare JV for a barometer because EF has 6 freshman playing varsity 4 of those Start and at least that many sophomores playing and starting as well so the EF JV is not what it would normally be.  Now if all those kids was on JV it would prob be a good test of who will be better down the road but all the experience those freshman and sophomore are getting on varsity this year win or lose they will be used to the speed of the game for the years to come. 

53 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Hard to compare JV for a barometer because EF has 6 freshman playing varsity 4 of those Start and at least that many sophomores playing and starting as well so the EF JV is not what it would normally be.  Now if all those kids was on JV it would prob be a good test of who will be better down the road but all the experience those freshman and sophomore are getting on varsity this year win or lose they will be used to the speed of the game for the years to come. 

We have only one freshman playing varsity because of the big Senior class we have this year, so any freshman on varsity would probably not get the playing time the JV provides, they need the snaps. I understand having to play younger players if the positions are open on the varsity. 

• Like 1

The fact Waskom has 18 Seniors this year and only 4-5 players with varsity play experience tells us a lot about their offensive struggles.  1st year seniors coming from JV play are a long shot to get you very deep in a playoff run.  I followed Waskom closely from 2012 to 2016.  These kids may look like those kids, in fact they are bigger....but they are not on that level. May need to bring the “will to win” slogan back.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, LSUTIGERS said:

When the EF coach was hired he was told that he has to beat Waskom. I’m just wondering what the consequences are going to be when he loses. 

I don't think he will have any consequences if he loses to Waskom. The last coach went like 2-8 against Waskom and he was allowed to stay for 9 years. If this coach is let go, it will be because the superintendent doesn't know what she is doing. That is my opinion and my opinion only just to be clear so no one assumes anything. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 7:54 AM, Ijustwatch said:

Going to be interesting to everyone that thinks this about Diana.  Much more competitive team and if they don’t win again EF, I am willing to say it will be very close game. 

but we can debate that game the final week of the regular season.