EF 1-4 Dist 1-0 @ Waskom 2-2 Dist 1-0

Wild74

EF at Waskom  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom 39 Wins EF 38 Wins 3 ties

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Overrated in what way we are only ranked 20th are you saying we need to be ranked closer to EF at number 58?

I just feel that with the recent success of  Waskoms football program, people tend to think they are better than what they really are. However, due to the recent success of EF’s program Elysian Fields is a little over rated. Just out of the norm down years for the two programs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yellowjacket225268 said:

I just feel that with the recent success of  Waskoms football program, people tend to think they are better than what they really are. However, due to the recent success of EF’s program Elysian Fields is a little over rated. Just out of the norm down years for the two programs.

Am I missing something.  What success in EF?

48 minutes ago, Yellowjacket225268 said:

What might you consider a realistic successful season? Obviously everyone wants to win a state championship, but for every team to have that idea to determine a successful season is not realistic.

I think the objective is to be better than the year before.  Most teams are fine going to the playoffs winning bi district and area.  Most schools can do that now with 4 teams getting in.  It’s watered the playoffs down. For a decent team you can get to area.  The good teams that are in the running to win region or even get to the semi final game multiple times in a 5 year window is success. Bring Waskom up in the conversation.  That’s success.  Bring Elysian Fields up…it doesn’t make me raise my eyebrows.  It for sure won’t now.  They are losing to 2A teams that possibly won’t even make the playoffs.  

I’m going to say this. Ef is bad and it might not get any better. We are so small and slow. I just can’t believe how far we have fallen off. Not taking anything from waskom. But Waskom is no where near as good as they have been. But good luck the rest of the way 

EF may be on its way to its worst season since 1976. Things are really, really down. The record that year was 2-8. Also, I don't remember a time when the EF/Waskom series was this lopsided. Keeling had Ford's number and it looks like Pearson will continue that for Waskom. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I’m going to say this. Ef is bad and it might not get any better. We are so small and slow. I just can’t believe how far we have fallen off. Not taking anything from waskom. But Waskom is no where near as good as they have been. But good luck the rest of the way 

Something I finally agree with you on. 

2 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I think the objective is to be better than the year before.  Most teams are fine going to the playoffs winning bi district and area.  Most schools can do that now with 4 teams getting in.  It’s watered the playoffs down. For a decent team you can get to area.  The good teams that are in the running to win region or even get to the semi final game multiple times in a 5 year window is success. Bring Waskom up in the conversation.  That’s success.  Bring Elysian Fields up…it doesn’t make me raise my eyebrows.  It for sure won’t now.  They are losing to 2A teams that possibly won’t even make the playoffs.  

EF was right there with Waskom 2 years ago. They beat them earlier that year if I remember correctly. Now I know EF lost later in the playoffs, but I wouldn’t consider that a complete failure of a season. Last year Waskom was just better. They had all the tools and the coaching. However, In my own meaningless opinion, in your terms of a “successful season” over the last two years EF has had one less than Waskom. But that doesn’t mean anything now, and both teams have already lost more games than the year before.

Good luck to both teams going forward!