Jump to content

Week Seven: Longview vs Forney


LoboFan07
 Share

Longview Lobos (5-0) vs Forney Jackrabbits (4-1)  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
      26
    • Longview in a close one
      10
    • Forney in a close one
      1
    • Forney in a blow out
      0

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

After watching the parity at the top in 5aD1, I think we will really know how we compare to the pack with this game.  Forney is a solid team but not an upper level team.  If we struggle to put them away, then I say we are in the thick of it.  If we go out there and blow them out, it bodes well for us come playoff time.  We still have a lot of football to go but his game will be partly telling for in my opinion.

 

Edited by kingwolf
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

After watching the parity at the top in 5aD1, I think we will really know how we compare to the pack with this game.  Forney is a solid team but not an upper level team.  If we struggle to put them away, then I say we are in the thick of it.  If we go out there and blow them out, it bodes well for us come playoff time.  We still have a lot of football to go but his game will be partly telling for in my opinion.

 

It's an extremely interesting season no doubt in D1. The parity is unreal.

PA Memorial is a solid team, but they're no where near top 5 material IMO. Richmond Foster, who I was really believing was becoming THE team in R3, falls to a team that had just the week prior got dominated by a down Manvel squad. Denton Ryan has not looked like Denton Ryan at all this season. Aledo has had issues, and while it looks like they've corrected some things, they've only really played bad, bad teams since they fell to 0-2. Lone Star is staring at a 4th place finish. A&M is no where near the team people were saying they would be. Timberview has yet to play a team with an actual pulse (no Birdville does not have one).

I think you're right though. Longview needs to come out and dominate this one from the get go imo. Establish that momentum for the rest of the season.

We've gone a long, long road ahead. And while there's parity, there will be big tests ahead. A 2nd show down with Lancaster is possible, Timberview, maybe Frisco in the 2nd round, one of Ryan/Aledo in the semis. Have to just play things out one down at a time.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Lobos by 50

Man, if we win by 50... lol.

Forney is probably the 2nd best team we've faced thus far...which says a lot about our schedule more than them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Man, if we win by 50... lol.

Forney is probably the 2nd best team we've faced thus far...which says a lot about our schedule more than them.

The more I watch them the more I am intrigued by this game.  They are methodical at what they do.  Their short passing game is great but develops slower than Lancaster.  It will be interesting to see how we do on defense.  If we don't give the crazy big cushions, our DBs could have a record night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if people notice, but Forney isn't short of talent. They have multiple D1 guys on both sides of the ball, and this will be the 3rd straight week that Longview faces a D1 backfield. 

They're well coached and on the up and up, not to mention Fleener is no stranger to Longview from his days at Mesquite.

Longview may give up a play here or there but, should be a sizeable win for the Lobos.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ANTI said:

and this will be the 3rd straight week that Longview faces a D1 backfield.

Our rush defense definitely will have been extremely tested going into the post season.

Throw in Marshall's rushing attack on top of the district games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, ANTI said:

I don't know if people notice, but Forney isn't short of talent. They have multiple D1 guys on both sides of the ball, and this will be the 3rd straight week that Longview faces a D1 backfield. 

They're well coached and on the up and up, not to mention Fleener is no stranger to Longview from his days at Mesquite.

Longview may give up a play here or there but, should be a sizeable win for the Lobos.

No he is not a stranger.  He threw the kitchen sink at us in 2018 when he had a pretty solid team.  I expect the same from him on Friday, try to catch us off balance and be methodical.

Game article on that 2018 game --> https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/articles/1120.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Our rush defense definitely will have been extremely tested going into the post season.

Throw in Marshall's rushing attack on top of the district games.

I agree...I am glad we will get to see a few more D1 RBs and then a running QB from Tyler.  The more the merrier getting ready for the post season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That's pretty optimistic. CAN Longview win by 30? Well, sure. I think Forney is a strong team, though. 

We should be winning by four touchdowns if we're as good as we think we are, tbh. That sounds rough to say, but I think this will go similarly to those Rockwall Heath games went most years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

We should be winning by four touchdowns if we're as good as we think we are, tbh. That sounds rough to say, but I think this will go similarly to those Rockwall Heath games went most years.

I guess the 2018 team beat most teams by a similar margin, outside of Lufkin and Rockwall. If we're best in the state, we need to beat even good teams pretty handily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...