Lindale (3-2) (1-0) @ Athens (2-3) (0-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale should take this one easily. The first half of the Henderson game we honestly didn’t look very good. Henderson is just such a reck right now it didn’t really matter that we were making stupid mistakes. Lindale is a really good team but the passing game has got to get better. Qb is really good at running and has a good arm but his accuracy needs work and the receivers have got to start catching the ball when it hits them in the hands. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

We need a poll. That way I can check the box that says Lindale will win. Plus, polls are popular right now lol. I think Eagles by 21 points.

I'm thinking more like what Lindale did against Hendo. Blowout of the week two weeks in a row.

But Lindale definitely for the win.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:05 PM, LindalePride2002 said:

Lindale by 21+

Lindales defense seems to be firing on all cylinders right now

O-line and run game is almost unstoppable

Not much confidence in lindales passing game at this point. Lindale really needs to focus on connecting with receivers...especially when throwing it deep.

Getting better overall in my opinion. They haven't thrown the ball much but why should you if the run game is working like it is? People have tried to stop it with 7-8 in the box. The only team to have success stopping the run was really Gilmer. Their Defense is INCREDIBLE.

Something tells me that the Eagles will have a plan and be able to throw the ball when it matters.

3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Getting better overall in my opinion. They haven't thrown the ball much but why should you if the run game is working like it is? People have tried to stop it with 7-8 in the box. The only team to have success stopping the run was really Gilmer. Their Defense is INCREDIBLE.

Something tells me that the Eagles will have a plan and be able to throw the ball when it matters.

I agree they all around look better every week but the passing game is very hit miss. Your are right they don’t throw much simply because they don’t have to but when they do it’s not great. The qb has a strong arm but he is very inconsistent. Half the time he misses his mark and then the other half he hits right on the mark. The other problem is when he does hit the mark the receivers keep dropping the ball. I’m sure it seems worse than it is just because we’re used to Sam Peterson, Jacob Seekford, and Evan Alford. 

18 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I think the passing game has gotten better but still needs work. If the passing game was more of a threat that would open up the run game even more. Our opponents would be less likely to stack the box every play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

I think the passing game has gotten better but still needs work. If the passing game was more of a threat that would open up the run game even more. Our opponents would be less likely to stack the box every play.

Absolutely. Gilmer was absolutely kryptonite to our offense. They have the DB’s to stack 8 or 9 in the box and go single coverage or run 1 high safety. I’d don’t care how good your offensive line is, 5 guys can’t block 8 or 9. And we still were never out of the game. Just didn’t execute and Gilmer did. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You think Athens is better than people give credit for? Or do you think Lindale is overrated?

I haven’t seen Athens play this season but have family that live there. My uncle said their QB is pretty good. I just think Lindale will be too much for them. 

16 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

I haven’t seen Athens play this season but have family that live there. My uncle said their QB is pretty good. I just think Lindale will be too much for them. 

Oh, ok. That is what I've heard too. QB can sling it and they have some weapons on the outside. Not sure how their defense is. Of course the only highlights I can find are of their offense.

They must be pretty stout if they hung with Kaufman for awhile.