Timpson Bears vs San Augustine Wolves @ Wolf Stadium Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Bears vs Wolves   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Bears take on the Wolf pack! I said it last week and I’ll say it again, we have to clean up these crazy penalties!  The deeper we roll into the season the more this matter in tighter games.  

I am not sure they can clean up the penalties. After 5 games no improvement. 

3 minutes ago, WildBear said:

I am not sure they can clean up the penalties. After 5 games no improvement. 

I think it really will take sometime and maybe even this entire season for some of the youngsters to mature a little and gain some discipline.  Lots of freshman and sophomores on the roster getting their feet wet.  Of course if we get the opportunity to make a deep run the extra playing time should help!

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

I think it really will take sometime and maybe even this entire season for some of the youngsters to mature a little and gain some discipline.  Lots of freshman and sophomores on the roster getting their feet wet.  Of course if we get the opportunity to make a deep run the extra playing time should help!

That may be the reason for the excessive penalties is the youth on the team. But it is alarming. But they are winning. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

As good as the score looked last night, it still looked to me like Timpson was playing uninspired. The bears should win this one handily too, but definitely got to get better on the penalties. 

It’s hard for kids to get up for games that they know will be over by halftime, if not sooner. Competitors want someone to challenge them. When you know your opponent can’t stay on the field with you on your worst day, it leads to an uninspired performance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s hard for kids to get up for games that they know will be over by halftime, if not sooner. Competitors want someone to challenge them. When you know your opponent can’t stay on the field with you on your worst day, it leads to an uninspired performance. 

💯agree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

As good as the score looked last night, it still looked to me like Timpson was playing uninspired. The bears should win this one handily too, but definitely got to get better on the penalties. 

Just don't get hurt. They will get inspired when needed.  

5 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

When you get hyped up for dfield then Jeff and waskom,how hard do you think it is for coach T  to get them dogs hyped up for grapeland and SA..coaching battles happen in practice too...lol 😂 😂 

I've been hard on East Texas 2A for a number of years now.  Having grown up in east tx, I want to see them do good, but haven't seen them do much beyond hype themselves and then get donkey stomped.  But, I've been watching Timpson, Shiner, Refugio.... and I'm seeing a turn, at least for this year.

I think this may be the year of the breakthrough.  I finally believe Timpson has what it takes to get it done for their Region.  Shiner is definitely down a bit from last year, but will take it to Timpson if they don't bring everything to that semi-final game.  Refugio is up a little from last year, but they had a long way to go and won't be able to handle Shiner this year unless Shiner makes mistakes like they've been prone to do against Refugio in the past.  

I think most agree Timpson will play Shiner or Refugio for the right to go to the SC game.  Make the most of it this year and approach that game/week with humility of lessons learned in previous years, going easy on the chest pounding and just showing it on the field.

Edited by Everide2016
added content
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Timpson is where SA was a few years ago. They need to win a state championship while the window of opportunity still exists.  They will win this game by however many points they want to. 

Yeah things change quick. It was a good ride for sure.   

6 hours ago, WolfNation said:

I think we may shock the world… and lose by LESS than 50!

It is more important for Timpson to win clean instead of winning big…. Got to clean up the mistakes… at least 10 TD’s called back this season so far…. And playing behind the chains on a lot of drives…. That won’t carry water when you start playing playoff football!!

• Like 1