Timpson Bears vs San Augustine Wolves @ Wolf Stadium Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Bears vs Wolves   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Think he's saying penaltiea and focus.

I just think they were bored and listless...and still win by fiddy...next?

SA came up short because of our run defense. We had Refugio on the ropes and let them run us in the 4th.  If our LB wasn’t out I think we would have beat them. Timpson may have also been playing through the motions.  No need getting people hurt when you know you are gonna run straight through the district.   

1 hour ago, WolfNation said:

From what I seen tonight, granted they may have not been going their hardest, I see the same issues from Timpson that SA had when they couldn’t get past the State Semi’s. 

If Timpson stays healthy it's all up to their coach when it comes down to Shiner. 

If he turns Bussey all the way loose Timpson will win. Shiner doesn't have an answer for him.

Edited by Gen7Dragon

55 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

SA came up short because of our run defense. We had Refugio on the ropes and let them run us in the 4th.  If our LB wasn’t out I think we would have beat them. Timpson may have also been playing through the motions.  No need getting people hurt when you know you are gonna run straight through the district.   

It's gonna take a team like Joaquin to beat Timpson. You have to pound them and keep the ball away and chew up clock because they're gonna score Everytime they get the ball. Again I want to clarify I'm not picking Joaquin to beat Timpson at all because we all know the odds are astronomical. I'm saying it'll take that type of play style. 

30 minutes ago, Lambo said:

It's gonna take a team like Joaquin to beat Timpson. You have to pound them and keep the ball away and chew up clock because they're gonna score Everytime they get the ball. Again I want to clarify I'm not picking Joaquin to beat Timpson at all because we all know the odds are astronomical. I'm saying it'll take that type of play style. 

Yeah I agree with ya

4 hours ago, Lambo said:

Exactly what I was imagining. If Joaquin somehow puts their ABSOLUTE best game together they could make it very interesting. I have no doubts about Timpson offense, it’s just the defense I can see giving them a small bit of trouble.

2 hours ago, WolfNation said:

Exactly what I was imagining. If Joaquin somehow puts their ABSOLUTE best game together they could make it very interesting. I have no doubts about Timpson offense, it’s just the defense I can see giving them a small bit of trouble.

Will have to play a perfect game and take absolutely anything Timpson gives them.

8 hours ago, Wolfman said:

At some point they have to go conservative to prepare for the run and try to keep weapons safe and ready to go...hard balance for coach T...wish em well 

2 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Joaquin will soon start beating their chests and talking about how they are going to beat Timpson. They always do. But Joaquin is not even close to being on the same level as Timpson. No way the game will even be competitive. 

I have seen numerous Joaquin people actually state on here we should be second in district . Now you are just stirring stuff up . 

Edited by yourteamstinks

3 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Just stating facts

But I’ll also go ahead and give my true opinion. Joaquin won’t beat Timpson, however, you should actually hope that Joaquin atleast makes it a game . You need to be challenged in that manner going into the playoffs . Your non-district schedule was tough but breezing through district isn’t always a good thing . And while Joaquin isn’t close to a “shiner” , it can be good preparation .   

Also, I don’t think you are as good defensively as last year, especially run style teams. Your defensive line is not as good and you miss Courtney at linebacker . That could be the only thing that gets in the way of this championship run against region 4

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

If Timpson stays healthy it's all up to their coach when it comes down to Shiner. 

If he turns Bussey all the way loose Timpson will win. Shiner doesn't have an answer for him.

Shiner still has Dalton Brooks ... I wouldn’t exactly say they have no answer for Bussey .... pulling for Timpson, but Brooks will be the best player on the field .... I don’t know who Shiner has back from last year, but with Dalton Brooks, it won't be easy for Timpson ....

26 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Joaquin will soon start beating their chests and talking about how they are going to beat Timpson. They always do. But Joaquin is not even close to being on the same level as Timpson. No way the game will even be competitive. 

I’m looking all around the GJM (Greater Joaquin Metroplex) and I have yet to find any of these chest beaters. The folks over here are worried about 2 things: deer season and our next opponent. Timpson isn’t even on our radar at this point. We have two more games to win to even make a matchup with Timpson matter. But since we’re on the subject of chest beating, it sounds like yours is probably getting a little sore. Congrats on the W. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m looking all around the GJM (Greater Joaquin Metroplex) and I have yet to find any of these chest beaters. The folks over here are worried about 2 things: deer season and our next opponent. Timpson isn’t even on our radar at this point. We have two more games to win to even make a matchup with Timpson matter. But since we’re on the subject of chest beating, it sounds like yours is probably getting a little sore. Congrats on the W. 

If you read my post I said (soon) not next week. We will see.

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Shiner still has Dalton Brooks ... I wouldn’t exactly say they have no answer for Bussey .... pulling for Timpson, but Brooks will be the best player on the field .... I don’t know who Shiner has back from last year, but with Dalton Brooks, it won't be easy for Timpson ....

They don't have big bro to pound the D with to give little bro a break..that's gonna matter in the end.one horse is easier to stop than two,and the big kid got the first downs when they absolutely needed to extend drives...

4 minutes ago, WildBear said:

If you read my post I said (soon) not next week. We will see.

I looked back through the history of the forum (which meant looking back to 13 years before you created your account) looking for all of these Joaquin fans boasting about beating Timpson. You know what I found? The first 6 meetings between the Rams and Bears in the 21st century were blowouts by the Rams. You make it sound like you have a long and storied history of dominance over Joaquin, when in truth, you didn’t sniff a win over us until you made a program changing hire. If you go back and look through those same threads, you will also find multiple posts by Ram fans predicting that if Timpson ever hired the right coach, the ingredients were there to build a powerhouse. You hired one of the best in the business and all of those predictions came true. But since you brought up chest beating, you might want to give your own pecs a break. It’s a long season and you only get one bye week between now and your inevitable trip to Arlington, if we’re going to just accept what all the “experts” say. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

They don't have big bro to pound the D with to give little bro a break..that's gonna matter in the end.one horse is easier to stop than two,and the big kid got the first downs when they absolutely needed to extend drives...

It's going to come down to supporting casts for both teams ... one man isn’t going to win this match up for either team .... Timpson has quite a few ... you are right, Shiner lost the big Brooks boy, but they had a pretty solid team all around besides the Brooks Bros .... hope Timpson gets over the hurdle this time ...

14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's going to come down to supporting casts for both teams ... one man isn’t going to win this match up for either team .... Timpson has quite a few ... you are right, Shiner lost the big Brooks boy, but they had a pretty solid team all around besides the Brooks Bros .... hope Timpson gets over the hurdle this time ...

At that level,mental mistake and misque's will most likely determine the outcome..an errant holding or line jumping will be determining factors also...disciplined play can win it 👀

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

They lost more than Doug Brooks. They lost a couple more studs as well. 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dalton Brooks wasn't the best player on the field last year. 

Bussey took that game over starting with the 100 yard kickoff return. 

Then on their last drive his number wasn't called for some reason. 

• Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Liar. Two of them boys from Joe is just concerned about hogs, catfish and...ya know.............squeezins.