Timpson Bears vs San Augustine Wolves @ Wolf Stadium Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Bears vs Wolves   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, WildBear said:

Joaquin will soon start beating their chests and talking about how they are going to beat Timpson. They always do. But Joaquin is not even close to being on the same level as Timpson. No way the game will even be competitive. 

Man... I normally stay out of Drama unless someone says something stupid and you just did that. If you can show me one person on Smoaky that has said Joaquin will beat Timpson I will go to Brookshire Brothers buy a Joaquin Ram hat and I will literally eat it. 

19 hours ago, Wolfman said:

SA came up short because of our run defense. We had Refugio on the ropes and let them run us in the 4th.  If our LB wasn’t out I think we would have beat them. Timpson may have also been playing through the motions.  No need getting people hurt when you know you are gonna run straight through the district.   

Refugio had injuries too, so that card doesn't play.  The real and frustrating thing I believe has carried Region 4 to some of the closer victories is their kids just believe they are going to win and go out and make the plays, even on several occasions when it seemed clear that our region had more talent on the field.  Probably some coaching superiority too in the past.  Perhaps our region has closed that gap?  And it's the coaching that carries the kids to that belief that they are going to do what it takes to win.

11 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Shiner still has Dalton Brooks ... I wouldn’t exactly say they have no answer for Bussey .... pulling for Timpson, but Brooks will be the best player on the field .... I don’t know who Shiner has back from last year, but with Dalton Brooks, it won't be easy for Timpson ....

You have zero football knowledge if you think brooks would be the best player on the field in that match up

Brooks is an athlete no doubt, Bussey is a man amongst boys... SMH

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Man... I normally stay out of Drama unless someone says something stupid and you just did that. If you can show me one person on Smoaky that has said Joaquin will beat Timpson I will go to Brookshire Brothers buy a Joaquin Ram hat and I will literally eat it. 

You must not can read. I didn't say anyone said anything yet. I said (soon)

Go back and read it.

50 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

You have zero football knowledge if you think brooks would be the best player on the field in that match up

Brooks is an athlete no doubt, Bussey is a man amongst boys... SMH

I have seen them both several times .... I beg to differ .... Brooks has everything Bussey has plus size .... they are both great players, but Brooks I have no doubt will play professional football .... most college scouts have Dalton Brooks as the higher rated player ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have seen them both several times .... I beg to differ .... Brooks has everything Bussey has plus size .... they are both great players, but Brooks I have no doubt will play professional football .... most college scouts have Dalton Brooks as the higher rated player ....

I don't care what college scouts rate Brooks at... I'm not taking nothing from that young man, he's a stud but without his brother on the squad they won't win this year unless timpson catches the injury bug, it's their's to lose..... Bussey in the top 5 athletes I've seen this year and I've seen the longviews, Lancaster, Gilmer, JT, chapel hills and more..... we'll see soon enough 

41 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

I don't care what college scouts rate Brooks at... I'm not taking nothing from that young man, he's a stud but without his brother on the squad they won't win this year unless timpson catches the injury bug, it's their's to lose..... Bussey in the top 5 athletes I've seen this year and I've seen the longviews, Lancaster, Gilmer, JT, chapel hills and more..... we'll see soon enough 

I take it you have never seen Dalton Brooks ....  your ignorance is really showing ....

37 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I take it you have never seen Dalton Brooks ....  your ignorance is really showing ....

I have seen them both, side by side, dalton may be a smidge taller but he is not physically bigger than Bussey. You can question my intelligence if you want. Just saying. Both are phenomenal athletes and seem to be good kids also. A lot of times when people talk of others showing ignorance, at times they show their own. Not saying you did, just making a statement.

Edited by Indaeast

3 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

I have seen them both, side by side, dalton may be a smidge taller but he is not physically bigger than Bussey. You can question my intelligence if you want. Just saying. Both are phenomenal athletes and seem to be good kids also.

Wrong .. 247 sports has Brooks at 6'1' 187 and Bussey at 5'11" 170 ... looking at them to me I thought Brooks was even bigger ... he looks a lot taller ....

Yes, they are both great athletes and I have heard nothing but good things about Terry Bussey ... I hope Timpson wins a state championship with him ... but facts are facts ... Dalton Brooks is ranked higher in the recruiting stats than Bussey although Bussey has another year to go which is phenomenal ...

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wrong .. 247 sports has Brooks at 6'1' 187 and Bussey at 5'11" 170 ... looking at them to me I thought Brooks was even bigger ... he looks a lot taller ....

Yes, they are both great athletes and I have heard nothing but good things about Terry Bussey ... I hope Timpson wins a state championship with him ... but facts are facts ... Dalton Brooks is ranked higher in the recruiting stats than Bussey although Bussey has another year to go which is phenomenal ...

No doubt two state titles under his belt will have already raised his value,but either could be considered the best athlete in small school ball.

As for the title this year,I give timpson the edge with overall assets on offense.and caliber of those assetts..

But in my humble opinion,a couple mental errors from either could and prolly will cost one a state ring...they are that close in ability's and athletes.

Pray that these teams stay healthy and intact,so this can be settled on the grid iron 👀

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

What do you mean you have heard? Your arguing and ain't seen him this year? I'm out man argue with yourself 

9 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I won’t argue but if you believe a recruiting site that’s fine.  I’m going off of information I have seen with my own two eyes. I also saw a kid on 247 that was possibly 5’9 listed at 5’11, so I don’t pay that much attention. I also watched Timpson and Bussey absolutely crush Daingerfield who has a too 10 ranked kid on the field. Ask any one at that game who was the best athlete on the field, it wasn’t the one ranked in the top 10. So for that I enjoy the “Scouting and player rankings” as leisure reading, not facts. PS Bussey isn’t 170.

Like I said before Timpson is  a 2.0 version of San Augustine a few years ago. How quickly we forget. SA was dominating everyone they played they just couldn’t make it past the semifinals. Timpson is currently dominating everyone the million dollar question is can they get over that hump and make it to the state championship game and win it. The windows in high school football close quick unless you’re Carthage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

What do you mean you have heard? Your arguing and ain't seen him this year? I'm out man argue with yourself 

I hear a lot about Bussey from people in town from both Garrison and Timpson ... I have seen him both last year and this year ... I don’t aways go to Garrison's games .... have you ever seen Dalton Brooks in person ... I have seen him four times, twice against Timpson and he was the best player on the field in all four games I watched  ....

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I hear a lot about Bussey from people in town from both Garrison and Timpson ... I have seen him both last year and this year ... I don’t aways go to Garrison's games .... have you ever seen Dalton Brooks in person ... I have seen him four times, twice against Timpson and he was the best player on the field in all four games I watched  ....

Matter of opinion, and maybe he is. Yes I’ve seen him, shook his hand, stood there, carried on conversation and all that while in street clothes. Again not gonna argue. You have a right to your opinion. Both are fabulous athletes and good kids. Will be fun to see the season play out. 

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

My drivers license says I weigh 195 and 5’11.  I’m 215 and 5’9.  

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Wolfman said:

My drivers license says I weigh 195 and 5’11.  I’m 215 and 5’9.  

I have seen them side by side on the football field  ..... Brooks is at least 2 - 3 inches taller and 20+ pounds heavier .... they aren't even close to the same size ....

55 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have seen them side by side on the football field  ..... Brooks is at least 2 - 3 inches taller and 20+ pounds heavier .... they aren't even close to the same size ....

Have a great evening. I’m officially not wasting anymore of my typing skills on this with you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

Bussey and Brooks are very similar athletically speaking, however Bussey's football IQ is off the charts......   because of this, slight edge to Bussey...

I agree they are both great high school players ... Bussey does a lot of things offensively at the high school level that won’t necessarily translate to the big school college level, he's a great improvisor and scrambler... Brooks is an outstanding playmaker and I believe his offensive skills probably translate better to the big school college level ... that said, I wouldn't be surpriser to see either or both of them on defense at the college level ...

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I agree they are both great high school players ... Bussey does a lot of things offensively at the high school level that won’t necessarily translate to the big school college level, he's a great improvisor and scrambler... Brooks is an outstanding playmaker and I believe his offensive skills probably translate better to the big school college level ... that said, I wouldn't be surpriser to see either or both of them on defense at the college level ...

Since you knew their height and weight I figured you would have continued reading to notice they are both being recruited for defense mainly with very few showing offensive interest. Talking to you is like playing chess with a pigeon…. No matter what I say you’ll crap on the board and strut around like you won anyways. But I may continue this banter cause I always recognize when someone is I’ll equipped.😘

Edited by Indaeast
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Since you knew their height and weight I figured you would have continued reading to notice they are both being recruited for defense mainly with very few showing offensive interest. Talking to you is like playing chess with a pigeon…. No matter what I say you’ll crap on the board and strut around like you won anyways. But I may continue this banter cause I always recognize when someone is I’ll equipped.😘

You act like you are their paid representative ... crowing around like a banny rooster and trying to find fault in anything I say ... you probably know their dorm numbers and shoe size as well ... I talk regularly with people from Timpson who know Bussey very well and a lot of what I have said is also things I have heard them say ... so you just keep on crowing and acting like his agent and I'll contine to hear you cackle ...