Timpson Bears vs San Augustine Wolves @ Wolf Stadium Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Bears vs Wolves   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Bears8T9 said:

It is more important for Timpson to win clean instead of winning big…. Got to clean up the mistakes… at least 10 TD’s called back this season so far…. And playing behind the chains on a lot of drives…. That won’t carry water when you start playing playoff football!!

I think for Timpson it’s going to be staying healthy in these district games.  You also have 5 weeks to fine tune a few things before the playoffs.  It’s good that y’all played the stout pre district schedule.   You won’t see that type of competition til the semi final game.   I’m ready to see a Region 3 State Champion this year!  

On 9/25/2022 at 8:31 AM, nacdragon07 said:

Timpson is where SA was a few years ago. They need to win a state championship while the window of opportunity still exists.  They will win this game by however many points they want to. 

They got this year and next to get it done. I think they get it done both years to be honest. After that the chances of ever winning another one "Drastic go down" (YouTube Scott Steiner math promo to understand that)

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, Wolfman said:

Nobody is beating Timpson in the 2A ranks this year. This district is glorified practice for them. 

Yeah, they are dominating like Mart did in 2014-2015 with Cosby and DJ Dean.....sometimes teams are so blessed with unimaginable talent that all competitors have lost before the game ever begins.

1 minute ago, SAPACK1 said:

Yeah, they are dominating like Mart did in 2014-2015 with Cosby and DJ Dean.....sometimes teams are so blessed with unimaginable talent that all competitors have lost before the game ever begins.

SA did the same thing with their run.  We just didn’t have enough to keep it going.  Big credit to Timpson and their staff for building this team up. 

7 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

They had a Cosby on the 2000 team that was bad to the bone!!  I had the privilege of watching him play against CC that year in the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

SA did the same thing with their run.  We just didn’t have enough to keep it going.  Big credit to Timpson and their staff for building this team up. 

I look forward to seeing what happens after Bussey and his class graduate. There was a very clear drop off when SA’s 2020 class graduated, hoping it doesn’t happen to them.

5 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

I look forward to seeing what happens after Bussey and his class graduate. There was a very clear drop off when SA’s 2020 class graduated, hoping it doesn’t happen to them.

It's an unfortunate cycle that most schools go through but the good years sure are fun!

4 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

I think it happens with every small school team.  Bigger schools with plenty of kids and good coaching programs can stay on top.  Like Carthage etc.  

• Like 3