17. Llano - W 59-0 over S.A. Cole
18. Winnsboro - W 73-13 over Rains 
19. Breckenridge - W 56-17 over Benbrook
T20. Shallowater - W 15-8 over Idalou  
T20. Little River Academy - W 45-29 over Troy 
T20. Tatum - L 48-42 to Lumberton 
T20. Paradise - W 62-14 over Ponder 

Others: Blanco, Anahuac, Industrial

We are close on 80-90%. Not sold on Diboll and Tatum. We have Yoe at 8 and Malakoff at 6 and we have Pottsboro at 19. About ten teams could get hot in the playoffs and win it. No one is really killing it.

10 minutes ago, THTFUIL said:

We are close on 80-90%. Not sold on Diboll and Tatum. We have Yoe at 8 and Malakoff at 6 and we have Pottsboro at 19. About ten teams could get hot in the playoffs and win it. No one is really killing it.

Didn't even think our name would be thrown around at all prior to the season. Offense is tough.....just don't know if we can stop anybody. 

Just now, Eagle8 said:

Didn't even think our name would be thrown around at all prior to the season. Offense is tough.....just don't know if we can stop anybody. 

Well luckily for us there isn’t that many QBs in our region that’s as good as what we’ve faced. I can only think of one. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:33 PM, Yoe09 said:

I'm not sure what is going on with Salado.  Resume looked really good through 3 weeks.  Only game in the area and only 45 minutes away, so I will make the trip out.  

There is no question that right now the Yoe defense will need to improve.  Cameron will probably be able to score on anyone, but will they have enough defense to sustain this success over the long haul?  

I did move MV down a spot this week.  I think every region could be up for grabs, but I believe region II may have more teams in play than others.  

Yoe defense will get better if the two inside linebackers improve and 16 stays healthy. Yoe fans wait and see how the defense holds up against LRA. The district is wide open --= any bodies guess who will  finish 1st. Lorena and their run stop defense should be a interesting match up against Franklin.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:25 PM, yoenation79 said:

09 you’re not interested in the Little River Academy/ Lorena game.  Being played in Academy.   It should be an interesting matchup. 

It's gained more interest after Friday.  I thought Madisonville was looking better than they have, but losing to Livingston like they did was disappointing.  It's hard to get a good read on Columbus as they really haven't played anyone.  

Edited by Yoe09

16 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Yoe defense will get better if the two inside linebackers improve and 16 stays healthy. Yoe fans wait and see how the defense holds up against LRA. The district is wide open --= any bodies guess who will  finish 1st. Lorena and their run stop defense should be a interesting match up against Franklin.

Yes, Lorena will match up well with Franklin up front.  It's dissapointing that the Yoemen had to give up those 2 points at the end of the Lorena game on the safety as points could potentially come into play.  All because whomever was running the clock in Lorena had no idea what they're doing.  I've run the clock on Thursday and Friday, and it's totally inexcusable to not start the clock in that situation.  But, it was wrong pretty much the entire night.  

Edited by Yoe09

12 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Winnsboro vs MV game this week will be very telling.  Hate MV had some injuries but thats football.  Brock finally won but I thought it was one of their weakest games.  Have to work on the snap to go very far.

Its next week October 7th

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Yes, Lorena will match up well with Franklin up front.  It's dissapointing that the Yoemen had to give up those 2 points at the end of the Lorena game on the safety as points could potentially come into play.  All because whomever was running the clock in Lorena has no idea what they're doing.  I've run the clock on Thursday and Friday, and it's totally inexcusable to not start the clock in that situation.  But, it was wrong pretty much the entire night.  

Lorena's D line solid!

The clock running at that game would have been legendary if Cameron would have lost in the final seconds. I counted at least 5 clock infractions in the 4th qtr. No telling how many in the first half because no one was paying attention then. The officials did a good job with the penalty calling side of things but didn't keep up with the clock management at all. 

12 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

It's gained more interest after Friday.  I thought Madisonville was looking better than they have, but losing to Livingston like they did was disappointing.  It's hard to get a good read on Columbus as they really haven't played anyone.  

LRA will have issues with Lorena’s run defense.  
LRA has a good passing QB and a solid receiving coor. 
It’ll be interesting to see what adjustments Lorena make in their pass coverage. 
That lose to the Yoemen did not set well with Biles and the Leopards.   Especially on the night they celebrated receiving  the Lonestar Cup from the UIL. 

8 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Not saying they aren’t good…just going to be in trouble when they play a good defense that can tackle…

You said they weren’t a top 20 team, what’s your definition of good? 
I think MV defense will be good enough to keep them in games against good teams, just have to get off the field on 3rd down. Idk how many times Mineola had a 3rd and medium/long and would convert. Offense is a work in progress but should get better. 

13 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

You said they weren’t a top 20 team, what’s your definition of good? 
I think MV defense will be good enough to keep them in games against good teams, just have to get off the field on 3rd down. Idk how many times Mineola had a 3rd and medium/long and would convert. Offense is a work in progress but should get better. 

MV had a good D up front and the LB’s did good job shutting down lanes…secondary will give up a lot of yardage….

Pedergrass still had 195 on the ground and 10-20 passing with 130yards….would have been 250-300+ with some catchable balls that were not caught.

MV Off. Right now is a two RB show with no throw…will be stopped against a good tackling team….that is my thoughts 

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what adjustments Lorena make in their pass coverage. 
That lose to the Yoemen did not set well with Biles and the Leopards.   Especially on the night they celebrated receiving  the Lonestar Cup from the UIL. 

The question is can LRA  stop Lorena  running game. We will  see if the LRA qb is the best in the region, the crown he was bestowed after last season.  Should be a  great game. Sure some Yoe fans will have a eye on that game.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, yoenation79 said:

Academy has been a head scratcher this year. I believe Lorena wins this game.