Week Seven: Gladewater at Tatum

Eagleborn

Who  

62 members have voted

1. 1. It be

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb
14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

We scored how many points against them. You missed that part. 

I figured you'd bring that up considering we were doing clock eating drives in the first game. I guess a good offense can be a good defense? Oh wait, we a avg team, **** got it wrong again, below avg from the third stooge. 

Keep the we gotta out score opponents to win with no defense.

Guest Tiger03lb
27 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You forgot to mention that half their team is from Waskom.   I call them Tatskom. 

I stand corrected. 😆

I know a lot of people talk about recruiting and moving for athletic purposes on here a lot but this is a true question?

If bill got a job and moved his son to a different town and wasn't coaching would anyone say a word? I'M sure it happens all the time. There are rules to try and help things to make a level playing field. Waskom got kids moved in when they were good. EF got a bunch of move-ins in the last few years. This year they had them move out and went to Marshall it happens. Tatum just got lucky they hired keeling when they did. Those 3 kids will graduate in 2 years so it helped them right now.

4 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I know a lot of people talk about recruiting and moving for athletic purposes on here a lot but this is a true question?

If bill got a job and moved his son to a different town and wasn't coaching would anyone say a word? I'M sure it happens all the time. There are rules to try and help things to make a level playing field. Waskom got kids moved in when they were good. EF got a bunch of move-ins in the last few years. This year they had them move out and went to Marshall it happens. Tatum just got lucky they hired keeling when they did. Those 3 kids will graduate in 2 years so it helped them right now.

I think it gets questioned.  Of course people move their kids for athletic purposes.  If it wasn't an issue, there wouldn't need to be rules.  People also move their kids for other reasons.  I'm a big believer in school choice.  I think it's a way to help hold school districts accountable to the people they work for.  I don't want schools out recruiting kids to come play sports.  But if a parent decides that a move is in the best interest of their kid, it's not my job to tell them they are wrong or can't do that.  I think moving a kid for purely athletic reasons is not smart in most cases.  But if they moved because a school has a great band or a great theater program, would that be an issue?  They compete for awards also.

I think there have to be checks and balances.  We don't want HS sports going the way of the college transfer portal!!!  We have to be careful questioning the motives of parents who are doing what they think is best for their kids.  I don't want anyone on here telling me what I have to do with mine!

Cheating does happen, but we often accuse people of things when we don't know anything about their life or circumstances.

• Like 1