Jump to content

Tenaha folks


Recommended Posts

What’s going on down there. I know without Reginald Davis it would be different than Ward’s first tenure there. But goodness. 
 

last 3 games, all losses, 

66-51 Arp

56-6 Joaquin 

65-14 DeKalb

 

add the 2 wins were not very clean

50-38 West Sabine 

12-6 St Augustine 

 

giving up 46+ a game. 
 

thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

What’s going on down there. I know without Reginald Davis it would be different than Ward’s first tenure there. But goodness. 
 

last 3 games, all losses, 

66-51 Arp

56-6 Joaquin 

65-14 DeKalb

 

add the 2 wins were not very clean

50-38 West Sabine 

12-6 St Augustine 

 

giving up 46+ a game. 
 

thoughts?

Not a defensive coach. Strictly a spread man. But no different from 90% of all the other spread guys. You score so I can have the ball back and score. Last week 2 teams 77-63. Houston or Dallas area. Nuff said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

What’s going on down there. I know without Reginald Davis it would be different than Ward’s first tenure there. But goodness. 
 

last 3 games, all losses, 

66-51 Arp

56-6 Joaquin 

65-14 DeKalb

 

add the 2 wins were not very clean

50-38 West Sabine 

12-6 St Augustine 

 

giving up 46+ a game. 
 

thoughts?

Davis was a rare talent at a small school. There aren’t just a lot of Chavis McCollister type kids there right now either. I’m talking about kids that make great high school football players without a lot of coaching. The kids there need to be coached up, and there have been 5 head coaches in 6 years there. All good men and good coaches, but a combination of things ended up with each one leaving. So the kids that are there need coaching. Coach Ward is as good as they come and he has some good guys on his staff, but it’s gonna take a year or two to get back where they want to be. On top of that, Joaquin and Dekalb have really good football teams. Joaquin is very physical and Tenaha took a extra couple of days to recover from a Saturday night whoopin before they played Arp, who has some really big bodies. Don’t be shocked if Tenaha drops their next two to Carlisle and Alto. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Destry said:

Not a defensive coach. Strictly a spread man. But no different from 90% of all the other spread guys. You score so I can have the ball back and score. Last week 2 teams 77-63. Houston or Dallas area. Nuff said.

Sweet lord. Do you ever have anything to say besides running a coach in the ground because he runs something besides the veer. Believe it or not, plenty of teams have won running the spread. Week in and week out you’re on here dogging coaches because they run a spread offense. Your input is tiresome and stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Veer? I never said any about a veer offense did I? I was wondering when someone was going to dog me for stating my opinion. Let me guess you are a young coach raised in the entitlement world. Have not said anything about any coach as a person like the “Buna” post are saying. Yes I am old school and I subscribe to the philosophy that anyone can knock me as a coach but don’t knock me as a person which , if you check all my post , I have never knocked anyone as a person. Sorrow you were offended—- I did not mean to offend you ——. that was just an added bonus. Love you man.😂😂😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Destry said:

Veer? I never said any about a veer offense did I? I was wondering when someone was going to dog me for stating my opinion. Let me guess you are a young coach raised in the entitlement world. Have not said anything about any coach as a person like the “Buna” post are saying. Yes I am old school and I subscribe to the philosophy that anyone can knock me as a coach but don’t knock me as a person which , if you check all my post , I have never knocked anyone as a person. Sorrow you were offended—- I did not mean to offend you ——. that was just an added bonus. Love you man.😂😂😂😂😂

I like the veer 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Veer? I never said any about a veer offense did I? I was wondering when someone was going to dog me for stating my opinion. Let me guess you are a young coach raised in the entitlement world. Have not said anything about any coach as a person like the “Buna” post are saying. Yes I am old school and I subscribe to the philosophy that anyone can knock me as a coach but don’t knock me as a person which , if you check all my post , I have never knocked anyone as a person. Sorrow you were offended—- I did not mean to offend you ——. that was just an added bonus. Love you man.😂😂😂😂😂

Not even close, but good try.

I think there is success to be had in multiple styles of offense. Depends on the coach and the personnel. I love a good smash mouth power attack, but the game of football has evolved and changed over the years. They added the forward pass a little while back!

I don’t get offended. And I ain’t young or entitled. 
 

Love you too! Talk soon! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Not even close, but good try.

I think there is success to be had in multiple styles of offense. Depends on the coach and the personnel. I love a good smash mouth power attack, but the game of football has evolved and changed over the years. They added the forward pass a little while back!

I don’t get offended. And I ain’t young or entitled. 
 

Love you too! Talk soon! 

Have a good day and best of luck to the team you support, all about football.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Destry said:

Veer? I never said any about a veer offense did I? I was wondering when someone was going to dog me for stating my opinion. Let me guess you are a young coach raised in the entitlement world. Have not said anything about any coach as a person like the “Buna” post are saying. Yes I am old school and I subscribe to the philosophy that anyone can knock me as a coach but don’t knock me as a person which , if you check all my post , I have never knocked anyone as a person. Sorrow you were offended—- I did not mean to offend you ——. that was just an added bonus. Love you man.😂😂😂😂😂

They're sayin now if your team runs the veer you have to use the old leather helmets or the 60's style helmets with the white plastic t-bar.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

And don't forget the hip amd butt pad on a belt 👀

Man... I got a confession to make. I didn't wear hip pads or a butt pad from 8th grade on. Idk if it's against the rules or not but I didn't like em 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...