Week 7: Jefferson at White Oak

Sportsjunkiee

Jefferson at White Oak  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

What?  Up by 3 and took a knew on XP?  Was there enough time for Elkhart to have another possession?  No way...I'm calling BS on this

Watch the video on YouTube. We were up by 3 and scored, then knelt the XP in victory formation with time on the clock and the other team having time outs. It’s just how WO plays football now, safe and don’t want to hurt anyone or anyone’s feelings. 

score was 46-49 then we scored & it went to 55-46 when we knelt the xp. They scored and and still had time for a kick off.  Fact is we play too safe now days when in the old “true roughneck” days we would put the 1’s back in if someone scored on the 2nd stringers. Andy G personally added 16 more points to a team with the starters after they scored just 6 points on the backups. 

Edited by Racer55

34 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Watch the video on YouTube. We were up by 3 and scored, then knelt the XP in victory formation with time on the clock and the other team having time outs. It’s just how WO plays football now, safe and don’t want to hurt anyone or anyone’s feelings. 

score was 46-49 then we scored & it went to 55-46 when we knelt the xp. They scored and and still had time for a kick off.  Fact is we play too safe now days when in the old “true roughneck” days we would put the 1’s back in if someone scored on the 2nd stringers. Andy G personally added 16 more points to a team with the starters after they scored just 6 points on the backups. 

So, you think up 9 in that situation they were "calling off the dogs"?  Would be interesting to hear the thought process on that decision.

13 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

So, you think up 9 in that situation they were "calling off the dogs"?  Would be interesting to hear the thought process on that decision.

Yeah they were. As we scored, Elkhart players started getting upset ,as if they aren’t used to losing anyways, and they drew a PF. Both sides started talking and our coaches got the team off the field and when they went back out they kneeled the xp. It’s almost a slap in the face though for us to be chosen as their HC game and for us to “call the dogs off” wasn’t necessary only being up by 3 or 9 points. I think some folks only say “necks” now because they don’t know wether we’re rough, or as the ever popular Tatum guys say soft. 

39 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Sorry, you might be a sports junkie, but to me Hallsville hasn’t been good enough to keep up with so I have no idea.

Lol

But you are a WO junkie and a WO football history junkie so I thought you may have done some digging to check out the new guy.  Maybe checked his Linkedin account or something...lol

7 hours ago, Racer55 said:

So you were up by 9 points. Let me throw out a situation that your coach thought of and that is probably why he took a knee on the extra point. Played it really safe. If you kick the extra point right there you are up by 10. If you go for 2 and get it you are up by 11. So if you are up 9-11 points it’s all the same it is a 2 score game. But if you kick it and they block it run it back for 2 points you are now up by 7. Then you have to kick off to them. They score with no time on the clock. Kick the extra point and you are tied and have to go to overtime. Or they score with no time on the clock go for 2 and beat you. Not saying that would of happened but that is a situation that could be possible and that is probably why he took a knee to preserve a 2 score lead.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, centex1 said:

So you were up by 9 points. Let me throw out a situation that your coach thought of and that is probably why he took a knee on the extra point. Played it really safe. If you kick the extra point right there you are up by 10. If you go for 2 and get it you are up by 11. So if you are up 9-11 points it’s all the same it is a 2 score game. But if you kick it and they block it run it back for 2 points you are now up by 7. Then you have to kick off to them. They score with no time on the clock. Kick the extra point and you are tied and have to go to overtime. Or they score with no time on the clock go for 2 and beat you. Not saying that would of happened but that is a situation that could be possible and that is probably why he took a knee to preserve a 2 score lead.  

Here's my problem with that logic

1) Yes, 9-11 is all a 2 score advantage but not the same 2 scores.  9 pt loses to TD,XPT, & FG. 10 pt is tied by the same. 11 pt is either 2 TDs or 1 TD, 2pt conv, & FG....all of which are much harder than 9 or 10 pt lead

2) If you're scared of the block PAT being returned for 2 pts then go for 2.  If you don't get it, you're in the same situation as taking a knee.  If you do make the 2 pt conversion then it's a tougher 2 possession lead.  Yes, I realize their is a chance you could fumble or throw an int on the 2 pt conversion but give me a possible 11 pt lead over 9 pt lead in a game where both teams eventually score over 50 pts.

Just my thoughts

27 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Here's my problem with that logic

1) Yes, 9-11 is all a 2 score advantage but not the same 2 scores.  9 pt loses to TD,XPT, & FG. 10 pt is tied by the same. 11 pt is either 2 TDs or 1 TD, 2pt conv, & FG....all of which are much harder than 9 or 10 pt lead

2) If you're scared of the block PAT being returned for 2 pts then go for 2.  If you don't get it, you're in the same situation as taking a knee.  If you do make the 2 pt conversion then it's a tougher 2 possession lead.  Yes, I realize their is a chance you could fumble or throw an int on the 2 pt conversion but give me a possible 11 pt lead over 9 pt lead in a game where both teams eventually score over 50 pts.

Just my thoughts

Valid points and good comeback. I wasn’t at the game and I don’t know if one team was getting their kicks blocked or maybe they had some issues on snaps? I have no idea the answers to those questions. I think I might have gone for 2 if that was the case. But just from a mathematical stand point that was why I could see somebody doing that. 

So everyone always seems to think that Jeffy will self destruct. What is the reason from what I have seen this season they seem a lot more physical and more explosive. Why would you eve think that WO could even play with Jefferson as bad as they are? No athletes and slow? Me personally don't feel there is a clear cut front runner for district. If so change my mind. 

19 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

it saves the possibility of a fumble or blocked xp and return for two points to make it a one possession game. 

54 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

So everyone always seems to think that Jeffy will self destruct. What is the reason from what I have seen this season they seem a lot more physical and more explosive. Why would you eve think that WO could even play with Jefferson as bad as they are? No athletes and slow? Me personally don't feel there is a clear cut front runner for district. If so change my mind. 

It's defiantly a couple of front runners but it ain't WO.

1 hour ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

WO has the clear coaching advantage. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

History. History is the reason. Past tendencies. Patterns. Habit. Routine. 

I'm not saying that they will, I'm just telling you why people are saying what they're saying. 

• Like 1