Joaquin Rams (3-1) at Garrison Bulldogs (4-1)

trueblue82

Lets get ready to rumble!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bulldogs?

• Joaquin Rams (3-1)
    • Garrison Bulldogs (4-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2022 at 12:00 AM

Week two of District 11AA D1 play brings us a heavyweight battle between two one-loss teams. The Joaquin Rams (3-1) will travel to Garrison to take on the Bulldogs (4-1) at Bulldog Stadium. This is a matchup of two teams with very similar styles. Both play hard-nosed, physical football built around a strong running game and tough defense. Both teams are coming off of district opening blowout wins. The Bulldogs went on the road and pounded West Sabine (1-4) 52-0. The Rams thrashed Shelby County rival Shelbyville (3-2) by a final score of 67-20. Both teams beat Arp (1-4) handily as well. This game probably comes down to execution, who takes care of the ball best, and commits the fewest penalties. The battle at the line of scrimmage will not be for the faint of heart, because both teams feature big, physical, well coached linemen. One interesting little factoid: the home team is unbeaten in this series in the 21st century. The Bulldogs have won all three games played in Garrison (2008, ‘18, and ‘21), while the Rams won both at Ram Stadium in 2019 and 2020. Who wins this slugfest? 

I wonder how we ended up hosting this game two years in a row?  I drove over to Joaquin Friday night, I thought to see a better game than I would at WS ... it was a rout that got out of hand ..... I wonder if the dragons are with one few players this week?  That's about as bad of a tantrum as I have seen from a player at a high school game .... 

I agree, this game should be a tough game for both teams this week ... hope both sides come out injury free .... looking forward to a clean, entertaining game .... this mathup is usually a good one ....

Since you mentioned it, we really wouldn't want to mess up that 21st century thing .... lol ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I wonder how we ended up hosting this game two years in a row?  I drove over to Joaquin Friday night, I thought to see a better game than I would at WS ... it was a rout that got out of hand ..... I wonder if the dragons are with one few players this week?  That's about as bad of a tantrum as I have seen from a player at a high school game .... 

I agree, this game should be a tough game for both teams this week ... hope both sides come out injury free .... looking forward to a clean, entertaining game .... this mathup is usually a good one ....

Since you mentioned it, we really wouldn't want to mess up that 21st century thing .... lol ...

Might be more than 1 since so many left the bench.

8 minutes ago, ClydesBoys96 said:

I have no idea who you're talking about and this comment is in no way about that person.   Honestly this comment isn't about football at all and I should hold back BUT....this current generation of young people are the most coddled and emotionally immature generation that has probably ever existed.   

I'm talking about the player from Shelbyville that was ejected and refused to leave the field and then erupted again as the coaches tried to restrain him leaving at halftime .... if that player is still allowed to participate on any school sports program after what I witnessed, something is seriously wrong ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

We’re ready to bust that 21st century streak wide open. District scheduling is a strange thing. We ended up hosting Shelbyville and Timpson in back to back years. 

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm talking about the player from Shelbyville that was ejected and refused to leave the field and then erupted again as the coaches tried to restrain him leaving at halftime .... if that player is still allowed to participate on any school sports program after what I witnessed, something is seriously wrong ...

If you ask the Shelbyville people Joaquin is the ones who acted like idiots... They're just upset they got absolutely man handled for 48 minutes. They've acted like this since about 2014 when they made a certain coaching hire now he's gone and his stank attitude is still there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

If you ask the Shelbyville people Joaquin is the ones who acted like idiots... They're just upset they got absolutely man handled for 48 minutes. They've acted like this since about 2014 when they made a certain coaching hire now he's gone and his stank attitude is still there.

My bad it was 2013. 

3 hours ago, Lambo said:

All I know is all that penalty yardage Shelbyville had is hurting our total offense average. Thanks to them, we’re barely averaging over 500 yards per game. They should be more considerate with their unsportsmanlike conduct. 

4 hours ago, Lambo said:

I'm from Shelbyville and I agree with you on this one. 

I will say though I've witnessed some pretty bad behavior from both sides over the years. 

The problem is the adults to include coaches and ESPECIALLY youth coaches! I know some people in Shelbyville that would be happy with a 1 and 9 record if the one win was against Joe. 

I coached youth ball in Shelbyville from about 09 to 2019 and we had our share of battles with the Rams! 

I tried hard to clean up the ugly parts of the rivalry but didn't have much luck. I did make some new Joaquin friends though. 

I don't see things changing with the rivalry. It will only grow and I can promise it's not just Shelbyville that can get out of hand. 

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

..... I wonder if the dragons are with one few players this week?  That's about as bad of a tantrum as I have seen from a player at a high school game .... 

This will be very interesting. It's more to it than just one player. 

In my opinion the handling of this whole situation will be a watershed moment that will have lasting effects on the Shelbyville sports program. 

27 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I'm from Shelbyville and I agree with you on this one. 

I will say though I've witnessed some pretty bad behavior from both sides over the years. 

The problem is the adults to include coaches and ESPECIALLY youth coaches! I know some people in Shelbyville that would be happy with a 1 and 9 record if the one win was against Joe. 

I coached youth ball in Shelbyville from about 09 to 2019 and we had our share of battles with the Rams! 

I tried hard to clean up the ugly parts of the rivalry but didn't have much luck. I did make some new Joaquin friends though. 

I don't see things changing with the rivalry. It will only grow and I can promise it's not just Shelbyville that can get out of hand. 

Oh no. We're guilty of it too. People say it's always been like this but I can 100% for a fact tell you it wasn't from 2007 to 2010. But I can tell you the exact moment it started back up. Shelbyville made a hire in 2013 and than man came to Shelbyville and almost instantly just pure hatred seemed to manifest itself on everything Dragon related. The man showed his butt on the field after a game was cancelled do to weather and Tenaha wouldn't make it up the next day because they had a students funeral to attend. Right then I personally decided I hated him and if the Lord sent me to the bad place for it I was fine with it and I still am to this day. It just got worse from there I swear on my children that if you watch the 2015 film you see #1 from Joaquin get hit 75% of the plays he was in regardless of when he had handed the ball off. There was a player who's job it was to plant that kid every play and I promise you he was told to do it. The kid would literally hand the ball off and see his teammate get tackled and begin walking to the sideline to get the next play and BOOM he gets ear holed. And it was celebrated by the vast majority of the people in the visiting bleachers. Then as everyone knows that coach ended up doing something that shocked NOBODY and he was gone but the hatred didn't stop. This is just my opinion and I speak for nobody but my self, This is karma and it's well deserved.