Joaquin Rams (3-1) at Garrison Bulldogs (4-1)

trueblue82

Lets get ready to rumble!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bulldogs?

• Joaquin Rams (3-1)
    • Garrison Bulldogs (4-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2022 at 12:00 AM

11 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

This will be very interesting. It's more to it than just one player. 

In my opinion the handling of this whole situation will be a watershed moment that will have lasting effects on the Shelbyville sports program. 

I wasn't there because of work but I watched it filmed from the Shelbyville sideline on social media and it miraculously cuts off before it gets bad and it makes Joaquin look like the aggressor. The game video was deleted from YouTube but if you'd like a better view of what happened you can add me on Facebook and I'd be glad to send you the game footage of it. This could be a nail in the coffin or it could be a turning point for that program and as someone with kids I pray that it's the turning point because those kids who didn't act stupid and those kids sitting in the stands waiting for their turn to be a Dragon deserve better.

Edited by Lambo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

I wasn't there because of work but I watched it filmed from the Shelbyville sideline on social media and it miraculously cuts off before it gets bad and it makes Joaquin look like the aggressor. The game video was deleted from YouTube but if you'd like a better view of what happened you can add me on Facebook and I'd be glad to send you the game footage of it. This could be a nail in the coffin or it could be a turning point for that program and as someone with kids I pray that it's the turning point because those kids who didn't act stupid and those kids sitting in the stands waiting for their turn to be a Dragon deserve better.

Oh I've seen all the footage! It was bad. 

Message me and I will add you on Facebook. 

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Oh no. We're guilty of it too. People say it's always been like this but I can 100% for a fact tell you it wasn't from 2007 to 2010. But I can tell you the exact moment it started back up. Shelbyville made a hire in 2013 and than man came to Shelbyville and almost instantly just pure hatred seemed to manifest itself on everything Dragon related. The man showed his butt on the field after a game was cancelled do to weather and Tenaha wouldn't make it up the next day because they had a students funeral to attend. Right then I personally decided I hated him and if the Lord sent me to the bad place for it I was fine with it and I still am to this day. It just got worse from there I swear on my children that if you watch the 2015 film you see #1 from Joaquin get hit 75% of the plays he was in regardless of when he had handed the ball off. There was a player who's job it was to plant that kid every play and I promise you he was told to do it. The kid would literally hand the ball off and see his teammate get tackled and begin walking to the sideline to get the next play and BOOM he gets ear holed. And it was celebrated by the vast majority of the people in the visiting bleachers. Then as everyone knows that coach ended up doing something that shocked NOBODY and he was gone but the hatred didn't stop. This is just my opinion and I speak for nobody but my self, This is karma and it's well deserved.

I remember all of this and I agree about the coach. 

He was a lunatic and carried things way too far. 

After he caught the assault/family violence charge he had to resign. 

Eventually the charges were dropped and a lot of Sville people wanted him back. To include youth coaches, board members and people from all walks within the community. 

For this I have no words. 

11 hours ago, Lambo said:

I was there and it was ugly..  I thought pre-fight that Joaquin was involved in alot more of it than after. It was getting very chippy early but afterwards I didn't see much from Joaquin other than being very physical between the whistle.  I thought the coaches did a great job of getting everyone to not retaliate even as Shelbyville got dirtier and dirtier throughout the game.  (i.e. pressing down on Joaquin players helmets to get up, sticking fingers in facemasks, cheapshots way away from the ball, etc..)

Just a quick watch of the scoring highlights, you can see glimpses.  (12 yard line at 0:30, and 10 yard line at 1:54).   It went on all game long.

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/joaquin/joaquin-rams/football/media/videos/?videoid=3382f4ff-223c-40ac-aae1-ec4d6641cc81

Bottom line is Shelbyville came in off of whipping up on a private school thinking they ruled the world and got physically manhandled all game and didn't like it. But somehow it is all Joaquin's fault to a lot of folks on Facebook.  Thanksfully there are some good folks and fans down there like @Gen7Dragon that could see it both ways.

As for this game, I don't think Garrison will match up either. I think Joaquin is the second best team in this district and its not even close.  On a normal year (one that doesn't involve the potential state champion in our district), I think Joe has a district champion type team and one of the best in the region. Unfortunately, it is that year and Timpson is that good. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lambo said:

Oh no. We're guilty of it too. People say it's always been like this but I can 100% for a fact tell you it wasn't from 2007 to 2010. But I can tell you the exact moment it started back up. Shelbyville made a hire in 2013 and than man came to Shelbyville and almost instantly just pure hatred seemed to manifest itself on everything Dragon related. The man showed his butt on the field after a game was cancelled do to weather and Tenaha wouldn't make it up the next day because they had a students funeral to attend. Right then I personally decided I hated him and if the Lord sent me to the bad place for it I was fine with it and I still am to this day. It just got worse from there I swear on my children that if you watch the 2015 film you see #1 from Joaquin get hit 75% of the plays he was in regardless of when he had handed the ball off. There was a player who's job it was to plant that kid every play and I promise you he was told to do it. The kid would literally hand the ball off and see his teammate get tackled and begin walking to the sideline to get the next play and BOOM he gets ear holed. And it was celebrated by the vast majority of the people in the visiting bleachers. Then as everyone knows that coach ended up doing something that shocked NOBODY and he was gone but the hatred didn't stop. This is just my opinion and I speak for nobody but my self, This is karma and it's well deserved.

Man you down to the year, month, day, and almost minute. I was there for for all of your games because I had boys playing with you

• Love 1

7 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

I was there and it was ugly..  I thought pre-fight that Joaquin was involved in alot more of it than after. It was getting very chippy early but afterwards I didn't see much from Joaquin other than being very physical between the whistle.  I thought the coaches did a great job of getting everyone to not retaliate even as Shelbyville got dirtier and dirtier throughout the game.  (i.e. pressing down on Joaquin players helmets to get up, sticking fingers in facemasks, cheapshots way away from the ball, etc..)

Just a quick watch of the scoring highlights, you can see glimpses.  (12 yard line at 0:30, and 10 yard line at 1:54).   It went on all game long.

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/joaquin/joaquin-rams/football/media/videos/?videoid=3382f4ff-223c-40ac-aae1-ec4d6641cc81

Bottom line is Shelbyville came in off of whipping up on a private school thinking they ruled the world and got physically manhandled all game and didn't like it. But somehow it is all Joaquin's fault to a lot of folks on Facebook.  Thanksfully there are some good folks and fans down there like @Gen7Dragon that could see it both ways.

As for this game, I don't think Garrison will match up either. I think Joaquin is the second best team in this district and its not even close.  On a normal year (one that doesn't involve the potential state champion in our district), I think Joe has a district champion type team and one of the best in the region. Unfortunately, it is that year and Timpson is that good. 

I thought someone said Shelbyville was good? Won a scrimmage  or something like that.Looks like the Rams could have hung 100 on them.

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Joaquin always tends to lose a game in district that they shouldn’t. I think this sets up as that type of game. The Rams should win…but. 

You are correct sir. However, last year, that loss was to Garrison. I can’t see our kids or coaches letting that happen again. This one has been circled for a while. Rams win. 

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

All I'm going to say is the Dawgs are a tough out at the Bone Yard ... If you beat us at our place, you will have earned it .... Looking forward to a hard fought, clean game and hope both teams come out healthy .... Let's get it on ....

There’s some bad mojo for us at your stadium. Last two times we’ve played there we have a combined 9 turnovers. I think it was built on some kind of ancient burial ground or something. 

21 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

There’s some bad mojo for us at your stadium. Last two times we’ve played there we have a combined 9 turnovers. I think it was built on some kind of ancient burial ground or something. 

Yes, the Dawgs have a lot of buried bones in the Bone Yard ... enter at your own risk ... when I was running up and down that field the home and visitor sides were opposite of what they are now .... I played my last high school game on that field against Joaquin  ... we won, by the way .... I believe it's one of the few remaining grass fields around  ....  very few district opponents have fared well against us on our home field over the years ... you can call it "bad mojo" ...  it's tradition, same as Joaquin has at your field and Alto has at their place .... just remember ... Beware of them Dawgs .... the mojo is real ....

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, the Dawgs have a lot of buried bones in the Bone Yard ... enter at your own risk ... when I was running up and down that field the home and visitor sides were opposite of what they are now .... I played my last high school game on that field against Joaquin  ... we won, by the way .... I believe it's one of the few remaining grass fields around  ....  very few district opponents have fared well against us on our home field over the years ... you can call it "bad mojo" ...  it's tradition, same as Joaquin has at your field and Alto has at their place .... just remember ... Beware of them Dawgs .... the mojo is real ....

I remember the old configuration. Played on it twice. 1-1. Some places are tough to play because they’re dumps. Others are tough because of who you’re playing.  Garrison is the latter. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

All I'm going to say is the Dawgs are a tough out at the Bone Yard ... If you beat us at our place, you will have earned it .... Looking forward to a hard fought, clean game and hope both teams come out healthy .... Let's get it on ....

Let's get it on was a great song don't feel like it will be a great day for the dogs come Friday night

26 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Let's get it on was a great song don't feel like it will be a great day for the dogs come Friday night

We darn sure aren't going to settle this thing here in the Smoaky forums .... thank goodness .... let the best team come out on top ... I can live with that ....