Friday 10/7/22 Carlisle vs Tenaha 7:00 pm district opener

upullinmychain

Carlisle @ Tenaha   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

On 9/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, upullinmychain said:

Watched that tenaha /Dekalb game on nfhs...tenaha had no answer at all,I was impressed with dk,that power run game was spot on ol son..dang..that's how ya throw a beatin..glad we didn't play them,them 3a teams be big and quick...lol 😂 we literally have not played a D2 team this year.scrim orr city,scrim union Grove,play Harleton,play four consecutive 3a teams..we are as salty as We are going to get,hope we just stay healthy through district and see what comes next 👀

DK should have won that game big… Something to note here is Tenaha’s offense (or lack there of) looked nonexistent all night. Their only offense was off of broken plays where the QB scrambled. Get them in space and they can make something happen but it won’t be enough to beat Carlisle. 

6 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I feel the Tigers have a chance.

Nobody ever takes tenaha lightly,especially the Indians.we will come loaded for bear and expecting a war,but make no mistake,we have had this game in our sights from the time dist lines were laid down,these boys are intent on this game . we'll most likely be over aggressive to start like usual and it will cost us some points,but they will settle in quickly and get Rollin,been that way for last five games and I don't see anything changing in this one.im still expecting a closer game than most...it's just the nature of this game..Indians by a couple IMHO..

• Like 3

I literally hate the first game coming out of bye week,all kind of weird things happen and it's never really a positive,Offense is rusty and defense is lagging and consentration is lax..just rusty dusty for a game or two.Or they come out firing on all cylinders and romp on someone and for the next couple weeks you wonder when the train wreck is coming . lol 😂 😂 😁.

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I literally hate the first game coming out of bye week,all kind of weird things happen and it's never really a positive,Offense is rusty and defense is lagging and consentration is lax..just rusty dusty for a game or two.Or they come out firing on all cylinders and romp on someone and for the next couple weeks you wonder when the train wreck is coming . lol 😂😂😁.

Maybe we can break that curse this week. I hear ya tho, historically, the week after and open weeks sucks. I remember what Clay told me before the Troup game. He said " we are gonna go play and have fun" . It's good when they can have that forward looking attitude. Just enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Maybe we can break that curse this week. I hear ya tho, historically, the week after and open weeks sucks. I remember what Clay told me before the Troup game. He said " we are gonna go play and have fun" . It's good when they can have that forward looking attitude. Just enjoy the game.

One thing about this group of kiddos,they have fun,even when they are down on the scoreboard,or even when it's a close game..they just cut them dogs loose and let em run...we'll see what comes about in this one 👀

• Thanks 1

I know for a fact that there are many dozens of Carlisle fans on smoaky,now is the time to leave a post,say something that picks the boys up, root for your school,be loud for once....get rowdy and make some noise on here.The next couple of years are gonna be lit so get with it 👀..I personally will be up in here even when mediocrity returns,inevitably it does for everyone,but I'm still gonna throw smoke because thats who I am ✌️

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I know for a fact that there are many dozens of Carlisle fans on smoaky,now is the time to leave a post,say something that picks the boys up, root for your school,be loud for once....get rowdy and make some noise on here.The next couple of years are gonna be lit so get with it 👀..I personally will be up in here even when mediocrity returns,inevitably it does for everyone,but I'm still gonna throw smoke because thats who I am ✌️

Chain when you wake up in the morning tomorrow will be game day!! True story

• Like 1

I'm ready to see us make a run. It all starts Friday night. I think we have a team that can run, pass and play with anyone in D2 this year. Is it fate or is it a dream? I know there are several us that has been waiting on the moment that our Injuns run across that star at Jerryworld. I know ..... It's too early to speculate, but not too early to dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

I'm ready to see us make a run. It all starts Friday night. I think we have a team that can run, pass and play with anyone in D2 this year. Is it fate or is it a dream? I know there are several us that has been waiting on the moment that our Injuns run across that star at Jerryworld. I know ..... It's too early to speculate, but not too early to dream.

With our luck they would move it to Houston...lol 😂 😂 😂 😁