Friday 10/7/22 Carlisle vs Tenaha 7:00 pm district opener

upullinmychain

Carlisle @ Tenaha   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, FearTheSpear78 said:

What is the visitors side like at the Pit? Never been to Tenaha

Are you kidding???? Worst visitors side in East Texas ... bring lawn chairs and try to find a level spot to put them. 

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Poor Tenaha. Move ins must of stopped. 

👀.  Almost all our players are home grown,couple coaches son's.dont think Carlisle is taking transfer students anymore..to the best of my knowledge just eaves and his bro were move ins and they came 2-3 years ago 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

👀.  Almost all our players are home grown,couple coaches son's.dont think Carlisle is taking transfer students anymore..to the best of my knowledge just eaves and his bro were move ins and they came 2-3 years ago 🤷‍♂️

I have a friend and he lives in Henderson, his kids transferred into Carlisle this year js

39 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

They got a fence to lean on,ain't been there in years?

No, they have only enough seating for a few people and a hill behind the few rows of bleachers you can sit on or slide down ... the fence is on top of the hill behind the bleachers .... I'm serious about bringing lawn chains .... if it's wet or raining forget about it .... I usually sit on the home side ....

1 hour ago, HulaKat said:

Stands are small; I usually get up in the tree line on the hill behind the stands to have better look at things.

I have seen several people fall or slide down the hill trying to mountain climb to a vantage point to see the game.  If it's wet or raining it really is a safety hazard. They should have an ambulance standing by on that side of the field more for the fans than the players ....

11 hours ago, FearTheSpear78 said:

Lol. I've never been there so I was just wanting to know what to expect 

Let’s just say you’ll feel like you’re part of the game when sitting in the stands. Lol Or some folks pick out a stump or bring a lawn chair. Home stands are very nice and high school too. Their coliseum is legit if you haven’t seen it. But the visitors football side…….welp….enjoy the experience! We’re there for homecoming the next week. Looking forward to RE-visiting THE PIT!

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Let’s just say you’ll feel like you’re part of the game when sitting in the stands. Lol Or some folks pick out a stump or bring a lawn chair. Home stands are very nice and high school too. Their coliseum is legit if you haven’t seen it. But the visitors football side…….welp….enjoy the experience! We’re there for homecoming the next week. Looking forward to RE-visiting THE PIT!

As I said before, if I was a Superintendent of a visiting school, I would refuse to play them there unless they brought their visitors side up to acomódate the visiting fan base including basic safety standards  ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

As if said before, if I was a Superintendent of a visiting school, I would refuse to play them there unless they brought their visitors side up to acomódate the visiting fan base including basic safety standards  ....

Ahhhh, it’s not that bad. Lol I’ll stay on the sidewalk and off the hill! 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

As if said before, if I was a Superintendent of a visiting school, I would refuse to play them there unless they brought their visitors side up to acomódate the visiting fan base including basic safety standards  ....

Not an option in a district game.....you'd forfeit.....lol

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Not an option in a district game.....you'd forfeit.....lol

The whole district should report their substandard  and unsafe accomodations to the UIL and other appropriately agencies that deal with public  ergonomic issues and safety  .... their home side is pretty nice, it amazes me that they are so inconsiderate of visiting schools ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yeah that is impossible. 

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The whole district should report their substandard  and unsafe accomodations to the UIL and other appropriately agencies that deal with public  ergonomic issues and safety  .... their home side is pretty nice, it amazes me that they are so inconsiderate of visiting schools ...

UIL has no authority over it......only Tenaha FD .....and I'm doubting very seriously that they have a problem with it ......

They don't have to provide stands at all........Ever been to  Alba-Golden? It is sideline, barbed wire, cow pasture. People park their trucks there and smoke cigs and drink cold beers during the game. Learned a lot about myself during that JH football game.......lol it was like having someone ripping heaters and slamming beers on the sideline. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

UIL has no authority over it......only Tenaha FD .....and I'm doubting very seriously that they have a problem with it ......

I'd probably get state safety people and OSHA involved, if local agencies didn't Act on it ...

• Like 1