Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

36 minutes ago, JGlass said:

Man, Dfield didn’t score in the 1st q and had 15 penalties and fumbled going in to score before half and had 56 points early 4th. Then called the dogs off, played backups and knelt the clock out when they were about to score again. 
Good thing they are nice. Sounds like it could’ve been 70-0 if they wanted it to be. 
Tell me if the report I got was wrong!!

The score could've been worse,  but the Tigers showed good sportsmanship. I saw improvements in key areas last night. (yup I know "well its was vs Hughes Springs with a negative record" lol). We need the reps and have to keep getting better.  Good luck to both teams moving forward 💯 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

28 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The score could've been worse,  but the Tigers showed good sportsmanship. I saw improvements in key areas last night. (yup I'm sure some will say"well its was vs Hughes Springs with a negative record" lol). We need the reps and have to keep getting better.  Good luck to both teams moving forward 💯 

Moreno was in the backfield all night

49 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

106 wins, 64 loses, Over 15 years? 
……….Some of those wouldn’t even be under .500 if they playoffs weren made…. 

I can’t stand the guy but I can’t not reckognizw the game………..

-Pretty mediocre from '15 until this point, right? There's a reason Nation was on his rear end like white-on-rice when he was LB coach late 90's-mid 2000's. Looks to me that 12-1 record in 2012 [Lost to EF I believe in 3rd] and 10-2 in 2013 [Lost to CC in 2nd] are anomalies because he hadn't been close since. 

-When talent is equal on both sides of the field, probably gets outcoached 9/10 games. It's the players fault, tho, amirite?

Talent…. Equal???? 
you’re crazy? When’s the last time a Denzel Mims, or Steve Edmond walked the halls of Hughes springs????

…… delusional….. again I don’t even like the guy…… at all….. but if you know anything about football or have coach at that level….. you know he’s exceeded the talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowebot said:

Talent…. Equal???? 
you’re crazy? When’s the last time a Denzel Mims, or Steve Edmond walked the halls of Hughes springs????

…… delusional….. again I don’t even like the guy…… at all….. but if you know anything about football or have coach at that level….. you know he’s exceeded the talent. 

Wasn't it last year his senior running back quit and a few years back his senior QB and running back quit? Why is it kids don't want to play for him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

106 wins, 64 loses, Over 15 years? 
……….Some of those wouldn’t even be under .500 if they playoffs weren made…. 

I can’t stand the guy but I can’t not reckognizw the game………..

Some of those seasons are padded with smaller school teams in preseason too.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Talent…. Equal???? 

Are you delusional sir, thinking every team HS plays against a Steve Edmond or Mims? Lol please refrain if you haven't witnessed 1st hand what's going on with him. (1. I played when he was coaching. 2. I've coached at the JH/HS level for 9 years before hanging up the cleats). I'd be more than happy to watch some film with you, though 📽️

But I am a 'Horn fan and love Edmonds, hopefully Aeryn Hampton, etc \m/ \m/

Edited by iRockNewbzz

16 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Are you delusional sir, thinking every team HS plays against a Steve Edmond or Mims? Lol please refrain if you haven't witnessed 1st hand what's going on with him. (1. I played when he was coaching. 2. I've coached at the JH/HS level for 9 years before hanging up the cleats). I'd be more than happy to watch some film with you, though 📽️

But I am a 'Horn fan and love Edmonds, hopefully Aeryn Hampton, etc \m/ \m/

Im all too famiiar with him and again............ cant stand him....................... but i think he has done plenty well with the talent theyve had.............. becaue the offense makes the talent look better than it is trust e.............. 

and no.... not delusinal but it is dumb to expect that level of success that dainerfield has been able to accomplish WITH those guys walking around the halls............. making the playoffs year in and year out seems like a dumb thing to complaina bout..... state championships are few and far between.... yall just think its so easy because dfield has done it... think about how good those NB teams with the big rb who went to oregon state and gladney..... still no championships............ think about the last PP team that went and lost at state and how many things had to go right...

Yall are delusional my friends...

I'm kinda in between on this one. 

106 wins in 2A, then reclassified 3A in 15 years is ok, but not stellar. Averaging over 4 losses per year and already at 6 this year is a little on the average side. Giving up as many points as yall do consistently is below average.

Let's look at the number of those wins that were vs non-quality opponents. A lot of them and a lot were scheduled in preseason. Every year in small school there are always a couple weak ones in district, just is what it is.

And, he's had 15 years to build a dynasty. It wasn't but a couple years ago that people wanted to move to HS. What has happened there? I really don't know why that seems to not be a thing anymore.

And with 4 teams in the playoffs and being in 6, 7 team districts, well you don't have to be a very good team to get in. Watch the first round blowouts and that'll prove it. Especially in small school divisions. 

To be fair there were a couple good teams and a couple district championships in the early years.

How is the future down there? JV good? Gonna be back on the upswing next year?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@Rowebot No one is talking about Championships and HS in the same sentence, my man. The last time HS legitimately had a chance to even win a State Title was probably the '98 or '99 team [think I was in like 5th grade]. That team with Bobby Bruce, Quan Jimmerson, Randy Penny, etc.

Youre absolutely 💯.... they ran into Mr Crosby and he beat them single handedly lol.... jimmerson is one of my best friends and he's a Tiger fan now lol 😆 😂 🤣 

• Love 1