Texas High @ Mount Pleasant

budmanmpfan

Texas High @ Mount Pleasant  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Orange Tigers
    • Black and Gold Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

The rivalry on I-30 continues this week. Texas High travels to Mount Pleasant. 

Texas High will be heavy favorites and rightfully so. They are good in all aspects of the game. Watching the game against Hallsville, they tend to feel a team out and then punish them. They are 4-1. Their lone lose to Lone Star.

Mount Pleasant on the other yand have been dealt blows from everyone theh have played. Although they have shot themselves in the foot every game. Against Emerson it was penalties while other games it has been turnovers. If they can get this figured out, they will be a tough out for anyone including T-High.

Whos wins, the black and gold Tigers or the orange Tigers?

lets see T High come out and play all 4 quarters...Colleyville game was pretty clean but gave up some points on special teams. MP could turn it all around if they find a way to win. Qb is pretty good imo , lost a good wr from last year but usually have at least one guy you have to worry about...hoping it’s a good game and no more injuries come up. 

That 2002 Texas High state championship was incredibly good.   Yet, they went into Mt. Pleasant and got beat.   I was there.   Nothing "fluky" happened.   No snap over the punter's head.   No horrible officiating miscue.    No tipped ball touchdown.   MP just lined up and beat a state championship quality football team.   

The 2022 Tigers are really good.    Some say there is no way MP could possibly beat them this year.   Not me.   

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 3:59 PM, Ace said:

That 2002 Texas High state championship was incredibly good.   Yet, they went into Mt. Pleasant and got beat.   I was there.   Nothing "fluky" happened.   No snap over the punter's head.   No horrible officiating miscue.    No tipped ball touchdown.   MP just lined up and beat a state championship quality football team.   

The 2022 Tigers are really good.    Some say there is no way MP could possibly beat them this year.   Not me.   

There were some internal issues not everybody knew about.  But there were no excuses   Flat out played the entire game.  A lot of MP fans think T-High fans resented that loss.   Probably the best thing that could have happened to us.  But truthfully it barely registers with the memory now.  I don't know anybody here that thinks this is a rivalry.  Once Ark High ran for the hills I can't even point to a team I consider a true rivalry we have.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 1:31 PM, budmanmpfan said:

Idk. Its what MP student body always says. When i went there, we never considered yall rivals. Paris, SS, Daingerfield and Pittsburg were the rivals. 

and Gilmer...Gilmer had good games right there on Hwy 271...MP, Pitt, and Gladewater

also when thinking about that, L-K and Daingerfield were district rivals at one time...insane to think that we were close enough in size for that. 

Edited by PelvisPresley

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

and Gilmer...Gilmer had good games right there on Hwy 271...MP, Pitt, and Gladewater

also when thinking about that, L-K and Daingerfield were district rivals at one time...insane to think that we were close enough in size for that. 

I always forget about Gilmer being in that mix of rivals for MP. We didn't play them when i went there in the mid to late 90s.

10 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Game was never in doubt.  But I won't deny I'm beginning to worry about giving up so many points.   It is happening every game. When you get into the playoffs defense wins.

i agree defense has to be better , but I think when you look at how / when some points are scored it makes a bit of a difference .