Dozens of FBI Agents Raid Respected Pro-Life Advocate’s Home While His Wife, Seven Children Watch In Terror

Monte1076

38 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Don't know why all the firepower for someone who did assault a 72 year old man, twice. 

Did you read the article? The alleged assailant was sued by the man, and WON in court (i.e. the plaintiff, the man who alleges he was assaulted, lost). The alleged assailant claims that he was defending his son, and things got physical.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Did you read the article? The alleged assailant was sued by the man, and WON in court (i.e. the plaintiff, the man who alleges he was assaulted, lost). The alleged assailant claims that he was defending his son, and things got physical.

I don't read Legal Insurrection as a reliable source. I researched and read a couple of news articles from other sources. I said I didn't agree with the firepower for a man who shoved down a 72 year old, TWICE, and who violated federal law. What else are you looking for? I don't think his actions are defensible, because he took his 12 year old to violate the law. Do you? 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't read Legal Insurrection as a reliable source. I researched and read a couple of news articles from other sources. I said I didn't agree with the firepower for a man who shoved down a 72 year old, TWICE, and who violated federal law. What else are you looking for? I don't think his actions are defensible, because he took his 12 year old to violate the law. Do you? 

He didn't go there with his 12 year old to violate the law. Are you making that assertion?

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I can't know that.

Sounds like he was raising him when he was young to violently protest abortion rights. Isn't that a reasonable take? 

Then why did you make the assertion?

And before you change it, this is the relevant part of your quote:

because he took his 12 year old to violate the law

A positive assertion, is it not?

Aren't those two statements contradictory? You said he went there to violate the law, then said you can't know that. Now you're saying he was raising him to "violently" protest abortion rights.

But according to ANY account I've seen (with the exception of this incident with this one individual), he'd never "violently" protested (nor assaulted) anyone. If you have a source that says he has, go ahead and post it.

Here are a couple of other resources on the story:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/pennsylvania-man-indicted-assaulting-reproductive-health-care-provider

https://www.carolinacoastonline.com/national/article_5673925c-3c53-11ed-872f-c736f96619d5.html

The alleged victim tried to sue Houck, but the case was thrown out of court.

It also sounds like he'd been "sidewalk counseling" for years without incident.

Edited by Monte1076
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

He wasn't violating the law by providing sidewalk counseling to those that wanted it.  The charges were dropped in the State of Pennsylvania, and that's when all of this should have ended.  Instead much like the Indian drummer the 72 year old man wanted to go after a 12 year old kid who was probably there because his father wanted him to be there.  The kid was probably only observing things or on his cell phone.  I doubt the later, but it's possible.  I see this case as a 50/50 depending on where the trial is held.