Battle of the Piney Woods: SFA vs. Sam Houston

RETIREDFAN1

SFA vs. Sam Houston Institute of Technology   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• SFA
    • Sam Houston Institute of Technology

This poll is closed to new votes

Offense disappeared, Special teams mistakes, defense tried but can't be depended on.

Several years into this "rebuild" and Carthel doesn't have much to show for it.

It could soon be on Ivey (he might have a little Jerry Jones Syndrome going on .....all hype and no results).

Bring back Graves!

Edited by PostSurfer

11 hours ago, PostSurfer said:

Offense disappeared, Special teams mistakes, defense tried but can't be depended on.

Several years into this "rebuild" and Carthel doesn't have much to show for it.

It could soon be on Ivey (he might have a little Jerry Jones Syndrome going on .....all hype and no results).

Bring back Graves!

My personal thoughts are I like what Carthel has done with the culture. I like what Carthel has done with the defense. I do not like what Carthel has done with the offense. 2 years in a row you can squarely place the BOTPW squarely on the offenses shoulders due to poor 2nd half performances. Too much talent and too many better schemes/systems out there to consistently be average on offense. 

Human error has been and will be a part of the game. Coaches, Players, and Officials make mistakes every game. 

The rules have always had "subjective" interpretation of a penalty on any given play. This new wave of player safety really shows how different officials interpret contact.

Hindsight is 20/20, the game has to be played as it happens.