Carthage versus Brownsboro

cowboyandchrist

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If you watched the last two minutes of the first half you would not say that. 
The Dawgs let off the gas and got two TD passes on them. The starters have not allowed a single point in 6 ball games. Brownsboro would not have scored if the Dawgs would have kept bringing the heat. They were minus 44 yards and no points until the last two minutes of the half. 

I was not ridiculing anyone......it's just that Carthage is dominating everybody.  Any butt chewing at this point is kind of wasted effort.

Edited by regaleagle

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

Regal you don’t know crap about anything besides talking to yourself all day about Argyle football and no one gives a damn.

I know a real turd of a person that shows himself as one.....and you my friend need to take a looong look in the mirror.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I was no ridiculing anyone......it's just that Carthage is dominating everybody.  Any butt chewing at this point is kind of wasted effort.

If you want to be the champ you don’t stop playing until the two’s take over. 
just like Argyle has always done. 
I can guarantee you Argyle coach would go off on his starters if they took the foot off the gas. 

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

If you want to be the champ you don’t stop playing until the two’s take over. 
just like Argyle has always done. 
I can guarantee you Argyle coach would go off on his starters if they took the foot off the gas. 

Yep.......he should would.  The comment applies to Argyle or any other toptier team as well.  It was simply a joke, C&C.  

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Yep.......he should would.  The comment applies to Argyle or any other toptier team as well.  It was simply a joke, C&C.  

Sorry, I am disappointed because I feel like this defense had a shot at not being scored on in all 16 games. 
It would take an unbelievable effort and a little luck but this Dawg defense is special. 

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Sorry, I am disappointed because I feel like this defense had a shot at not being scored on in all 16 games. 
It would take an unbelievable effort and a little luck but this Dawg defense is special. 

Well.....your boy Kai looked like a winner on National TV tonight against the Coogs in their stadium.  He personally pulled off the big upset.  Now I am not so sure it was that big of an upset.....except that the starter was out and the 2nd teamer did not get it done.  The rest of the Tulane team looks pretty darn good to me, too.  Very impressive night for Horton.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

There's a few in 4A-D2 and 4A-D1......it's a good classification overall.  I think 3A this season is super competitive, and so is 6A with all the top teams.

There are many really good 4A teams 

in both DI and DII, the top teams in both could play with many teams in 5A. 
They statement powderpuff schedule is just wrong. Kilgore, Marshall, and Cornerstone are good football teams. 

26 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

There are many really good 4A teams 

in both DI and DII, the top teams in both could play with many teams in 5A. 
They statement powderpuff schedule is just wrong. Kilgore, Marshall, and Cornerstone are good football teams. 

China Spring had Cornerstone 42 - 0 at halftime last night - hard to say Cornerstone is good.  

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Cornerstone is not good. 

I was at the Cornerstone @ Carthage game and can tell you most of their varsity players look like our freshman team players, maybe (maybe!) JV. 

Van, Center & Rusk will all be better than Cornerstone, as good as Marshall, but not as good as Kilgore.  But at the end of the day it won’t matter.  Carthage biggest opponent right now is between their ears (ie. last 5 minutes of Q2 vs Brownsboro).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Their QB was out against the Dawgs

He was, but I don’t think that would’ve made any difference. 

I am sad our defensive backs didn’t make a play on either ball last night.

I know especially on the first BB TD pass our corner watched the entire duration of the ball’s flight coming right at him and he didn’t even raise his arms.  I have no idea what that was about, because I thought he was in the perfect position to intercept the ball and in the very least knock it away……seemed very odd.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Van, Center & Rusk will all be better than Cornerstone, as good as Marshall, but not as good as Kilgore.  But at the end of the day it won’t matter.  Carthage biggest opponent right now is between their ears (ie. last 5 minutes of Q2 vs Brownsboro).

I feel like Marshall would beat Rusk ,Center,& Van pretty bad. 

21 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

I feel like Marshall would beat Rusk ,Center,& Van pretty bad. 

I don’t think so.  Marshall is not what everyone hoped they would be at this point in the season.  Rusk & Center are 4A D2 versions of Hallsville.  And Van plays some of the most fundamentally sound football there is in East TX.  Ask Lindale.