Carthage versus Brownsboro

cowboyandchrist

2 hours ago, VonG said:

If you like Mexican food. Try Ruby's out. She opened her 1st restaurant 2 years ago. She opened her 3rd restaurant a couple of months ago. Now she is looking for  a spot to open her 4th restaurant. She is blowing up fast. She has the hottest spot in town right now. 

Hey thanks! I will have to check that out!

13 hours ago, VonG said:

If you like Mexican food. Try Ruby's out. She opened her 1st restaurant 2 years ago. She opened her 3rd restaurant a couple of months ago. Now she is looking for  a spot to open her 4th restaurant. She is blowing up fast. She has the hottest spot in town right now. 

I've been to Ruby's before and its great! 

• Like 1

The seniors and juniors are the best group Brownsboro has had in several years.  But they still couldn’t compete with Van and likely won’t do anything to make Carthage uncomfortable.  Don’t see Carthage putting up more than 50 or so as they don’t generally beat up on schools just because.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ringside said:

The seniors and juniors are the best group Brownsboro has had in several years.  But they still couldn’t compete with Van and likely won’t do anything to make Carthage uncomfortable.  Don’t see Carthage putting up more than 50 or so as they don’t generally beat up on schools just because.

Definitely. Getting the 2nd until playing experience and time against Varsity competition is crucial, I think, for the sustained and continued success over the years when those players step up to fill the replace of graduated starters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Definitely. Getting the 2nd until playing experience and time against Varsity competition is crucial, I think, for the sustained and continued success over the years when those players step up to fill the replace of graduated starters 

I am hoping the starting Dfense does not allow a single point. 
wishful think on my part. 
But what if the Dawg D goes 16 games and don’t allow a single point. 
5 games and no points so far, it is possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I am hoping the starting Dfense does not allow a single point. 
wishful think on my part. 
But what if the Dawg D goes 16 games and don’t allow a single point. 
5 games and no points so far, it is possible. 

It's most definitely possible.  I mean, halfway there right?  BUT.... Center has scored a ton of points this season, so they might be able to pierce the veil so to speak.  Rusk has some potential. It's so difficult to just never give up a point.  

Also have to consider something happening like in the Bullard game.  They had that one score called back because of the ineligible receiver, but on that play two Carthage defenders ran into each other taking them out of the play and leaving the receiver to just head to the house.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

It's most definitely possible.  I mean, halfway there right?  BUT.... Center has scored a ton of points this season, so they might be able to pierce the veil so to speak.  Rusk has some potential. It's so difficult to just never give up a point.  

Also have to consider something happening like in the Bullard game.  They had that one score called back because of the ineligible receiver, but on that play two Carthage defenders ran into each other taking them out of the play and leaving the receiver to just head to the house.  

You are right, I forgot about the TD called back on the starters. I know it requires a little luck. But I am starting to believe it is possible for this starting group to not give up a score. 
wouldn’t that be something for Preston and the Dawg D to hang their hat on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are right, I forgot about the TD called back on the starters. I know it requires a little luck. But I am starting to believe it is possible for this starting group to not give up a score. 

That’s incredibly impressive. And depending on how you look at it, they are most definitely past the toughest part of the schedule. I am most curious about Center. They don’t appear to be any good defensively but the offense seems to be talented and capable of putting up points every week. 

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

That’s incredibly impressive. And depending on how you look at it, they are most definitely past the toughest part of the schedule. I am most curious about Center. They don’t appear to be any good defensively but the offense seems to be talented and capable of putting up points every week. 

Coach Surratt said they have a really good QB. 
I am excited to see what the Center and Rusk QB’S will do against the Dawg D line and corner backs. 
I don’t believe their O lines can hold up against the Dawg D front seven. 
Center and Rusk have given up a lot of points on defense. I fully expect the Dawg offense to put up big numbers on both. 

19 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I thought he got in the end zone on that play but the ref actually said he was down on the 1 yard line.